We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Mortgage Free now aiming for FIRE
Comments
-
Thanks Beanielou it is lovely and fab to drive we have not even had to charge it yet. It is quite wide so feel extra conscious when parking it and took the old crappy one to the gym this morning.
Was lovely having a my mum here for a few days she stayed until Sunday normally she wants to rush back so that was nice. I also had my sister here for lunch Friday and then Saturday we took my mum to the castle as we could bring someone on our annual card. She loved seeing the inside of the castle and the caravan and grocery store museums. We did buy a coffee and drink otherwise it was a free day out. DG also got to see the bits she missed when I went with the friends last week. Sunday it was the last golf game of the year with dinner but DG had some work issues so decided to stay home. I had to pay for her dinner 25 quid even though she did not come. Didnt even get a goody bag but she could have come the work issue was over but she was so wound up. She is in the I hate golf mode right now lets see how long that lasts it just irritates me but she is stressed due to some big cases coming up.
I have more or less worked out what the new car will cost us just waiting for the insurance bill. I paid the car tax and CO2 bill which is £50 every 6 months so not too bad for a large car. The petrol bill will definitely go down but it will cost more to have two cars but gives us more flexibility. Lets hope my dads old Mazda keeps going strong and stays cheap. We do also still pay for the Fiat 500 in the UK so need to have a think about that. Our friend uses it while we do not and she lets us stay in her flat for free when we are over so that saves on hotels for sure.
Anyway today I need to progress with the website and marketing I am trying to ramp up on Linked in to see if we can get some customers from there. We do really need some work to be honest but I am still learning so it is all good and the finances can take it as well so all is going to plan.
Lovely autumnal morning here lawn mower is doing his thing as so is the hoover robo.
Moved to Denmark for FIRE by Aug 2025 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
