We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Follow the Yellow Brick Road 2023

1…2223252728…84

Comments

  • KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 10,838
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Whereas I get this … ^^ 🤷‍♀️

    KK
    As at 26.09.26:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560
    - OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date
    c. 17 months reduction in term
    Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030

    Read 71 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 4th October. 
    Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026

    Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
    Watch your words, they become your actions. 
    Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I hate the new side bar too. The placement of bookmarks is also annoying 
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • SandyShores
    SandyShores Posts: 2,140
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    That's interesting @KajiKita, I have about 1.5 inches of grey space on the left and there's about 4 inches on the right - at the top of the right hand side there are some quick links which is why there's 4 inches of blankness underneath.  I've just upgraded my to a larger screen by 2 inches so it looks a lot better than the 13 inch screen and not so annoying.  
    "Think of many things, do one"
    DFW 2019: MFW aim 2031: bal Sep26 £159k / £310k 2020
    Seven Goals; and healthy diet/walk/run/exercising/weights/yoga
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I've set up a g00gle bookmark for my bookmarks - so that is letting me get back to them quicker than easier than doing it directly on the site which is ridiculous but works.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 10,686
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'm still trying to figure out why it says I have 8 more bookmarked threads than I actually have.  I did think for a mo that it might have added my own threads but it is still 2 out.
  • SandyShores
    SandyShores Posts: 2,140
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    My bookmarked threads seem okay, there's 6 on the second page.

    I like the idea of bookmarking the threads in the browser though.


    "Think of many things, do one"
    DFW 2019: MFW aim 2031: bal Sep26 £159k / £310k 2020
    Seven Goals; and healthy diet/walk/run/exercising/weights/yoga
  • SandyShores
    SandyShores Posts: 2,140
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Looks like I have forgotten about my goals again, but I have been working on them even though I've not been doing the report:

    1. Environment e.g. decluttering your space
        - on the back burner slightly for the moment
    2. Family / Health work-life balance
        - always at the front of my mind these days, its precious
    3. Physical Health
        - really been concentrating on this one and its going well
    4. Financial
        - not going bad, but could do better
    5. Learning
        - working on this
    6. Career
        - this has been happening while just doing a good job
    7. Social
        - mainly linked to my physical health, but also my hobbies
    8. Spiritual / Personal Growth / Inner Peace
        - love that this is coming together, but really its a major goal along with 2.

    "Think of many things, do one"
    DFW 2019: MFW aim 2031: bal Sep26 £159k / £310k 2020
    Seven Goals; and healthy diet/walk/run/exercising/weights/yoga
  • SandyShores
    SandyShores Posts: 2,140
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I've just discovered that if I alter the width of the window the quick links move below the thread and the gaps disappear!  :smiley:  Small things, but happiness :smiley:

    I've booked a half day next week to do a spring/summer clean.  There seem to be a lot of dusty skirting boards and smeary windows that need tackling.  I'd rather be doing something a little more fun, but it always feels good when everything is sparkling.  I could really do with a list of weekly jobs to print off and then I could allocate some to MrShores more easily - he's very much still in training :wink:
    "Think of many things, do one"
    DFW 2019: MFW aim 2031: bal Sep26 £159k / £310k 2020
    Seven Goals; and healthy diet/walk/run/exercising/weights/yoga
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    LOL at still in training comment 
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • SandyShores
    SandyShores Posts: 2,140
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    It's a slow process savingholmes 


    🤣🤣🤣
    "Think of many things, do one"
    DFW 2019: MFW aim 2031: bal Sep26 £159k / £310k 2020
    Seven Goals; and healthy diet/walk/run/exercising/weights/yoga
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.