How to open chip instant saving?

Prob being a bit dense but I can’t see anywhere on the app how to open the 3% account. I already have an old easy access account at 1.1% 
No one has ever become poor by giving

Replies

• k_mank_man Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Try clicking on the savings button, then Other savings accounts.
    That should open a new screen with different accounts to swipe through.
  • thegentlewaythegentleway Forumite
    915 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    k_man said:
    Try clicking on the savings button, then Other savings accounts.
    That should open a new screen with different accounts to swipe through.
    There’s only option for other saving accounts: 2.15% 90 day notice!
  • edited 26 December 2022 at 11:31PM
    Band7Band7 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 26 December 2022 at 11:31PM
    I can see it on the home page of my app right now. May be they had taken it offline, try again. Have you got the latest version of the app? Might be worth re-installing the app if you still can’t see it

• thegentlewaythegentleway Forumite
    915 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yeah my home page looks like that as well. When you click on that first bit it just gives you loads of marketing, no option to actually open the account!
  • Band7Band7 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Oh right. I thought the reason I can’t open one is because I already got the account. Have you tried to send them a message to ask? Profile - contact us.
  • happybaggerhappybagger Forumite
    600 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just a short addition to this, if you use topcashback there's a £20 offer, terms obviously (min £5k is the first point), but worth a look just in case
  • k_mank_man Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yeah my home page looks like that as well. When you click on that first bit it just gives you loads of marketing, no option to actually open the account!
    Just checking, have you linked your bank account?
    That looks like it may now be a requirement for the full range of savings accounts.
  • flaneurs_lobsterflaneurs_lobster Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    k_man said:
    That looks like it may now be a requirement for the full range of savings accounts.
    No need to link bank account for the 3% instant access account (or the 0% Prize Savings Account). It seems to be a requirement for their other savings accounts. 
  • Band7Band7 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    k_man said:
    No need to link bank account for the 3% instant access account (or the 0% Prize Savings Account). It seems to be a requirement for their other savings accounts. 
    You got to have a linked bank account, and only one, to use with the 3% saver. Otherwise you can't make any deposits.Though I am pretty sure I only added the linked account during the opening of the 3% saver.

They also seem to set up their auto-saving on that linked account. I only realised that they did this when they notified me they'd take £x.xx from my linked account later in the day. Oh no, you won't, CHIP! I quickly turned that option off.
  • flaneurs_lobsterflaneurs_lobster Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Band7 said:
    k_man said:
    You got to have a linked bank account, and only one, to use with the 3% saver. Otherwise you can't make any deposits.Though I am pretty sure I only added the linked account during the opening of the 3% saver.

They also seem to set up their auto-saving on that linked account. I only realised that they did this when they notified me they'd take £x.xx from my linked account later in the day. Oh no, you won't, CHIP! I quickly turned that option off.
    I've got cash in the 3% IA saver funded with a debit card, my bank account is definitely not linked. Chip do make it quite hard to dodge the linking/current account robbing by defaulting this stuff to "on" but it can be done.