M&S Christmas Hamper, Non Delivery ...... Incandescent With Rage 🤬

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
edited 24 December 2022 at 6:18AM in Praise, vent & warnings
Placed an order in October with M&S for a Christmas food hamper, chose and paid extra for a specified delivery date of December 23rd.

Tracking showed DHL couriers were unable to find parcel at 6pm last evening, hoped for the best but expecting the worst...

Yep, email just read, this morning, sent at 8pm  ...... your parcel is delayed due to the couriers being so busy (ok, not surprising with RM and Parcelforce causing havoc to the others who have to pick up their slack)

The parcel now won't be delivered until next Wednesday, the 28th December.

I. AM. SAVAGE.
👿👿👿👿👿👿👿🤬🤬🤬😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Comments

• JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Oh dear. Very annoying. 

Hopefully nothing in the hamper that will perish. 
  • deejaybee said:
    Aww thats really sad, hope you dont starve, or even worse have to venture out to the shops....

compliments of the season
    Seriously ? 😠 

The hamper was a Christmas present for a member of my family.
  • JReacher1 said:
    Oh dear. Very annoying. 

Hopefully nothing in the hamper that will perish. 
    Yup, there was.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,769 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    How have M&S dealt with this?
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Boffinman said:
    Well if it's any consolation, at least your incandescence should help with the energy bill.....
    My sense of humour 😁😁😁
  • Valli said:

They haven't made contact at all, other than to advise it will be delivered Weds the 28th.

DHL on the other hand .... actually delivered the parcel on Saturday the 24th, late afternoon, so it ended better than expected.

This hasn't stopped my anger at M&S though, what a shambolic way to do business.
    I'll be able to see what happened when their tracking updates and shows me their actions re: dispatch etc.

• baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,134 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Looks as if it was just a tracking issue. We were expecting non-urgent delivery, shown as picked up day 1, updated to at depot day 2, eta day 3, then out for delivery. No delivery, tracking showed still at depot day 4, eta would now be day 7. Actually delivered day 3. 
    Not sure whether tracking is totally centralised or a combination of local management with courier. This may explain OPs issues?
  • dil1976
    dil1976 Posts: 484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Catsacor said:
    Valli said:

They haven't made contact at all, other than to advise it will be delivered Weds the 28th.

DHL on the other hand .... actually delivered the parcel on Saturday the 24th, late afternoon, so it ended better than expected.

This hasn't stopped my anger at M&S though, what a shambolic way to do business.
    I'll be able to see what happened when their tracking updates and shows me their actions re: dispatch etc.

So you posted this before checking if if had been delivered by and got mad for the same reason? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback