OVO ENERGY D/D INCREASE ERROR

2»

Comments

• Will you consider moving to a better supplier? One with decent customer service?
  • the problem is at the moment the best energy deals are with existing suppliers but if that changes I will 
  • Will you consider moving to a better supplier? One with decent customer service?
    OK , Ovo have ignored my request to explain why they haven't charged me for gas usage for 6 months . so another claim going to the ombudsman . However I cant move supplier as Ovo have somehow lost my Gas meter ( I have just checked and its still in cloakroom working )  and E.On state the MPRN does not exist >
  • Sailbad
    Sailbad Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Surely the answer to this sort of problem is to pay by variable direct debit where if you submit regular readings you pay only for exactly how much you use and your account is never in credit.

Fixed monthly direct debits are for people who can't budget.

• Sailbad said:
    Surely the answer to this sort of problem is to pay by variable direct debit where if you submit regular readings you pay only for exactly how much you use and your account is never in credit.

Fixed monthly direct debits are for people who can't budget.

So OVO aren't charging me for any gas , just the standing charge and therefore I will owe them £1000 plus when they sort this out ( could be £2000 !) . as I pay monthly d/d ( never heard of variable monthly d/d ?) I've built up £1000 credit which will pay the large bill which will come at some point . your method would mean I hadn't paid for gas and then would need to find £1000 plus ( could be £2000 !)  so not sure how this is defined as budgeting !
    If this system worked ( ie charging and future estimating how much the variable usage over the year ) it is budgeting via the supplier and is generally excepted by MSE to be the best way 
  • Sailbad
    Sailbad Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I would rather hold the credit in my savings account at >5% than let my supplier borrow it for free.

• Sailbad said:
    I would rather hold the credit in my savings account at >5% than let my supplier borrow it for free.

OVO pay 5% interest on credit balances !
  • MeteredOut
    MeteredOut Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sailbad said:

Er...

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6500564/ovo-no-longer-giving-interest-on-credit-balances
  • Sailbad said:

Er...

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6500564/ovo-no-longer-giving-interest-on-credit-balances
    Great news E.on managed to arrange energy supplier transfer for 31/1 so I get my credit balance with interest back ( to exactly the end date of offer ) and a better supplier ; win win 
  • So I’ve now reached the stage of going to ombudsman for second time as after 6 months of denying there’s anything wrong with my bills OVO has now logged into my bills from aug 23 to dec23 and altered them leaving no trace of original errors and then deleted my meter readings page . This has meant the Vat declared had changed dramatically ; any view of this from accountants out there ? 
    No contact from them by way of explanation 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure