IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCB Legal - UKPC - County Court Business Centre

Options
12346»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,807 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It clearly isn't OK, not with those directions.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • iw1234
    iw1234 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It clearly isn't OK, not with those directions.
    Thanks - concluded that after I had posted the question and have sent everything by post to the court today. 

Received a call this morning asking if I wanted to consider settling the case - I told them that I would be happy to settle for £0 but she said she was not authorised to do that!
  • iw1234
    iw1234 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Less than 5 minutes after the phone call I received the following email - I guess another one to add to the list - thanks to everyone on this forum - advice and support has been amazing! Do I need to do anything else at this stage - assuming they don't pretend to discontinue and then continue!!!?

We act for the Claimant in the above matter.  

Our client has instructed us to discontinue Court proceedings and close our file. Therefore, please find enclosed the Claimant’s N279 Notice of Discontinuance for your records.  

The attached has also been filed with the Court. 

We will now proceed to close our file accordingly. 

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,807 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yay well done!  That's a WIN.

As expected but great news.  You don't need to do anything else.

ANOTHER DISCONTINUANCE!

ANOTHER UKPC ONE BITES THE DUST!

And we sincerely hope that you are au fait with the need to respond to the final Government Public Consultation this Summer?

Anticipated July/August.

We all need to ram the nail in the coffin of the false £70 'DRA fee' add-on, that actually funds the court claim and toxic CCJ culture, as well as the DRA and roboclaim 'legals' gaslighting of people.

Please come back here when it opens.

If you are not a regular reader, to be alerted you'll need to bookmark the thread by MSE_JC at the top of the forum and enable (on your profile) email alerts for bookmarked threads.

Then join us when the Consultation opens. ...PLEASE!  We need all MSE victims if this horrific harassment and bullying to be heard.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Boat_to_Bolivia
    Boat_to_Bolivia Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Congratulations OP.

Isn't this another one for @Umkomaas and his ever growing list of discontinued claims. :D
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Congratulations OP.

Isn't this another one for @Umkomaas and his ever growing list of discontinued claims. :D
    Let's get that listed now!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Not_A_Hope
    Not_A_Hope Posts: 746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done @IW1234:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts