IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCB Legal - UKPC - County Court Business Centre

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,156
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You will, of course, add the rest of the template defence back in before submitting it to CCBC and yes, it is OK to use an image of your signature.
  • iw1234
    iw1234 Posts: 24
    Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Update - received the following via email - do I just ignore? Should I be lodging the directions questionnaire at this stage?

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Good Afternoon 

We write in relation to the above matter.  

Our client is prepared to make an offer to potentially conclude this matter. We ask that you call us on 0203 434 0433 before 13/01/2023 to discuss this further. 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Owen Cook 

Paralegal 

DCB Legal Ltd  

• Yes, Ignore.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,585
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    iw1234 said:
    Update - received the following via email - do I just ignore? Should I be lodging the directions questionnaire at this stage?

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Good Afternoon 

Our client is prepared to make an offer to potentially conclude this matter. We ask that you call us on 0203 434 0433 before 13/01/2023 to discuss this further. 

Kind Regards, 

Owen Cook 

Paralegal 

DCB Legal Ltd  

You were expecting this, we hope, which is why the Template Defence covers this sort of letter, in the first 12 steps set out in the first post of that thread. 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • iw1234 said:

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Good Afternoon 

Kind Regards, 

Owen Cook 

Paralegal 

DCB Legal Ltd  

T minus ??? and now counting ....... 

DCB LEGAL RECORD OF PRIVATE PARKING COURT CLAIM DISCONTINUATIONS

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6377263/dcb-legal-record-of-private-parking-court-claim-discontinuations/p1

• iw1234
    Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I have not received any further correspondence from the court (or the Claimant) - do I wait for this before filing the directions questionnaire or should I download it and complete it?

On MCOL the following is currently shown:

Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 03/12/2022 at 10:56:14

Your acknowledgment of service was received on 05/12/2022 at 00:05:29

Your defence was received on 30/12/2022

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,252
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Wait to receive it from the CCBC. Keep an eye on your MCOL History. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,426
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    iw1234 said:
    I have not received any further correspondence from the court (or the Claimant) - do I wait for this before filing the directions questionnaire or should I download it and complete it?

On MCOL the following is currently shown:

Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 03/12/2022 at 10:56:14

Your acknowledgment of service was received on 05/12/2022 at 00:05:29

Your defence was received on 30/12/2022

The CCBC sent you a letter, or will send you a letter, saying the Claimant has twenty eight days to consider your Defence.
    What you don't know is when the CCBC sent a copy of your Defence to the Claimant. 
    It follows from that that it is not known when the Claimant has to respond to the CCBC. 
    Further, we don't know what delays there are in the CCBC that means they don't send you a Directions Questionnaire as promptly as you might like.
    Can I suggest that you keep checking your MCOL Claim History and as soon as you see that the CCBC has sent a DQ to you, you are ready to download a DQ, complete it and fire it back at the CCBC, remembering to send a copy to the Claimant of course?
  • iw1234
    Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Received the following via email today - nothing has updated on MCOL - any thoughts on the final paragraph - do I agree that they can use my email for service of documents - I note that some solicitors sometimes say that they don't accept service by email - would welcome any advice on this - thanks. 

Having reviewed the content of your defence, we write to inform you that our client intends to proceed with the claim. In due course, the Court will direct both parties to each file a directions questionnaire. In preparation for that, please find attached a copy of the Claimant's, which we confirm has been filed with the Court. Without Prejudice to the above, in order to assist the Court in achieving its overriding objective, our client may be prepared to settle this case - in the event you wish to discuss settlement, please call us on 0203 434 0433 within 7 days and make immediate reference to this correspondence. If you have provided an email address within your Defence, we intend to use it for service of documents (usually in PDF format) hereon in pursuant to PD 6A (4.1)(2)(c). Please advise whether there are any limitations to this (for example, the format in which documents are to be sent and the maximum size of attachments that may be received). Unless you advise otherwise, we will assume not.

Kind Regards,  

Emma Hughes

DCB Legal Ltd  

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,156
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Standard stuff that was to be expected as it is shown on the template defence thread.  However, if they want to use your e-mail address for service, at least you will be able to use theirs to send anything to them and they cannot then complain or 
    say that they don't accept service by email

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure