IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Wrong ANPR time swansea Park tawe

13»

Comments

• A friend has had one of these fines at Parc Tawe, and I noticed that the photos are of the highway near the traffic lights; and is the same for loads i have seen on Facebook at the same place (not on one I saw yesterday mind).  Are they allowed to use a public road for their cameras? 
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Are they allowed to use a public road for their cameras? 
    If it's a road maintained by a local authority ,,,,, Nope.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 22 November 2022 at 2:57PM
    Some locals should complain to Trading Standards AND the DVLA about this and about the scam of the altered/assumed arrival time.

In my view, this is every bit as bad as when UKPC were banned for altering arrival time data.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    A friend has had one of these fines at Parc Tawe, and I noticed that the photos are of the highway near the traffic lights; and is the same for loads i have seen on Facebook at the same place (not on one I saw yesterday mind).  Are they allowed to use a public road for their cameras? 
    You and/or your friend could ask the relevant council planning department if planning approval has been given for the ANPR scameras.
    If you think the scamera is on council land/a public highway you can ask the council if they are aware of it, or aware that it is capturing images of vehicles on a public road.
    Whilst you are at it you might as well ask if the PPC has advertising consent for their signs. Not having it is a breach of the PoFA 2012 para 12, and more importantly, it is a criminal offence, although only the council can pursue it.

Everyone should also be complaining to their own MP and asking also for the complaint/issue to be forwarded to the MP responsible for the car park location.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills