Principality BS - log in and application issues.

Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 November 2022 at 1:23AM
    £25k OP edited to correct. And Yes I'll report back. Not really that big a deal, but unusual.
  • Gers said:
    Phoning them is easy and the staff are really helpful and kind. I managed to block access to my account yesterday by putting in the wrong password too often, one swift call (waiting for max of five minutes I reckon) and two minutes later it's all sorted. 
    Are you bothered? I don't know...
    Principality have very good telephone support and very helpful
    Just wish their rates were better
  • kaMelo
    kaMelo Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 6 November 2022 at 11:26AM
    Principality First Home Savers, if any deposit takes the account over £25,000 it will be returned or part returned, you can only deposit the exact amount to reach £25,000. Once you reach this amount you cannot add any more but interest earned will continue to be added to the account and compounded.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 November 2022 at 1:11PM
    Sea_Shell said:
    Morning

Well, I thought i'd apply for one of their Regular Savers (Xmas 23), and had in the back of my mind that we'd been with them before.   

Couldn't find my log in details, so applied as a new customer.    It gave me a user ID, at the end of the application.   But then it wanted to me to log in...with the old details.

After rummaging around, I found my old log in details, (same user ID - from 2020) and tried to log in...asked to change password, which I did.   OTP code sent and entered, and we're in.

Clicked to apply for the account, and it said "as you don't have any active accounts with us, you need to apply as a new customer"  (or words to that effect)

And we're back to square one.   Apply as new customer, and we're back in the same loop, of same user ID and password.

What am I missing, or doing wrong here??    Am I alone, or are others having similar issues?

I thought it'd be a quick application....but if it's this much hassle, I think i'll give up!!

I could ring them, but for a max of ~£37 interest, am I bothered.

This was my experience, I also have old login credential. What you need to do is
    using using internet option, clear all of browsing histories, cookies, etc.
    You then apply as a new customer and complete all of the detail in the application.
    At some point when you progress they will say like " you are existing customer" and here is your user name) e.g your user name will be the same with the old one) and
    they ask you to login, you just enter your old PW and
    here we go, you application that you just completed  a few minutes ago was still there and just need to take from there.
    My account was opened yesterday and I managed to set up the SO to this Account.
    FYI I am using Firefox. If it is still not working using another Browser might work.

• adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Gers said:
    Phoning them is easy and the staff are really helpful and kind. I managed to block access to my account yesterday by putting in the wrong password too often, one swift call (waiting for max of five minutes I reckon) and two minutes later it's all sorted. 
    Are you bothered? I don't know...
    Principality have very good telephone support and very helpful
    Just wish their rates were better
    The maximum amount you could put £125 is disappointing though. But 5% is already the top of the range for RSA.

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 November 2022 at 5:42PM
    kaMelo said:
    Principality First Home Savers, if any deposit takes the account over £25,000 it will be returned or part returned, you can only deposit the exact amount to reach £25,000. Once you reach this amount you cannot add any more but interest earned will continue to be added to the account and compounded.
    Yes, ka - 

The point is I only deposited £25k - but the few £ interest PRINCIPALITY paid in January took it over £25k and they then returned the interest/ 'over payment' element with a note saying I'd deposited over the maximum. 

• kaMelo
    kaMelo Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    soulsaver said:
    kaMelo said:
    Yes, ka - 

The point is I only deposited £25k - but the few £ interest PRINCIPALITY paid in January took it over £25k and they then returned the interest/ 'over payment' element with a note saying I'd deposited over the maximum. 

Well that's not right. I'm sure it's in the terms that the interest will be compounded with no option to pay it away like that.
  • ForumUser7
    ForumUser7 Posts: 2,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Anyone unable to log into Principality just now? I keep not being sent my OTP
    If you want me to definitely see your reply, please tag me @forumuser7 Thank you.

N.B. (Amended from Forum Rules): You must investigate, and check several times, before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my content, as nothing I post is advice, rather it is personal opinion and is solely for discussion purposes. I research before my posts, and I never intend to share anything that is misleading, misinforming, or out of date, but don't rely on everything you read. Some of the information changes quickly, is my own opinion or may be incorrect. Verify anything you read before acting on it to protect yourself because you are responsible for any action you consequently make... DYOR, YMMV etc.
  • ForumUser7
    ForumUser7 Posts: 2,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Anyone unable to log into Principality just now? I keep not being sent my OTP
    After a few refreshes, it now says they have essential maintenance ongoing. I think the main thing I dislike about Principality is they never post about when they will have maintenance on their website - most other banks/societies do and it stops their customers worrying when they cannot log in…

If you want me to definitely see your reply, please tag me @forumuser7 Thank you.

N.B. (Amended from Forum Rules): You must investigate, and check several times, before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my content, as nothing I post is advice, rather it is personal opinion and is solely for discussion purposes. I research before my posts, and I never intend to share anything that is misleading, misinforming, or out of date, but don't rely on everything you read. Some of the information changes quickly, is my own opinion or may be incorrect. Verify anything you read before acting on it to protect yourself because you are responsible for any action you consequently make... DYOR, YMMV etc.
  • Anyone unable to log into Principality just now? I keep not being sent my OTP
    I was able to log into Principality about an hour ago but it was much slower than normal to receive my OTP and some of the links in the website weren’t working either. I think they may be rather busier than normal due to the attractiveness of the 5% interest rate on the 2023 Christmas regular saver; none of their other current interest rates come close to 5%.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback