Claim form for UK Parking Control Limited / DCB Legal
Thanks for the excellent resources in this forums.
I have received my claim form but I am travelling abroad with work for the next two weeks and will not have the capacity to deal with the acceptance while away so I have sent it today (appreciate the advice to delay is to extend the time available and don't intend leaving things to the last minute).
Here is what I have drafted in my defence:
2. It is admitted that the Defendant was the registered keeper of the vehicle in question and driver.
3. The defendant arranged to meet with a friend for lunch at Costa Coffee for the first time since the start of the covid-19 pandemic on 8th January at 1pm.
The defendant arrived at the car park at 1243hrs. The friend was delayed in arriving due to having mistaken the location and arrived at a different Costa Coffee shop, therefore they did not arrive at the expected location until approximately 1315.
The defendant and friend ordered their lunch, which took some time as the cafe was very busy. The defendant and friend left the cafe at approximately 1520hrs and the defendant responded to messages that had been received on their mobile phone before leaving the car park at 1527hrs.
The defendant was not aware of the maximum time limit to park in the car park being 2 hours.
Also I am a regular customer at the Costa in question as it is my local. They had invited me to redeem a free coffee, which is why we went there in the first place! Not sure whether to add that either.
Appreciate any help that folks might be able to provide!
- All Categories
- 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.5K Spending & Discounts
- 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171K Life & Family
- 243.9K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards