We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

British gas not sending out the 66.00 vouchers

Options

Comments

• Menotyou
    Menotyou Posts: 7 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 November 2022 at 1:18PM
    Options
    now the 2nd of november and still no october payment , british gas's facebook page is flooded with people who still have not recieved there first payment yet , its getting beyond a joke now

Same here. They keep saying "might take 10 days to arrive" and some times "it was posted on the 19th" and yet still nothing. Every call is "its should be there soon" and every day there is nothing. I think at this point something at BG is seriously wrong. If it was a bill it would have been delivered and arrived so quickly that the ink would still not be dry on the envelope. As its passing on money I honestly am starting to think they just don't care and/or are holding on to it for as long as possible... or they have massively cocked up the mailmerge SQL. I mean, it should be as simple as "select from custmast where paytype = prepaykey" or something very similar!

I am also becoming more and more frustrated with their stupid "please speak what you want to deal with" because I DONT KNOW WHO I NEED TO SPEAK TO OR WHAT ITS CALLED and if I say "EBSS" or "government payment" or such like its "na mate, not got a clue what you want; tell me again". Why can't they go back to the old "press 1 for"; the lists might have been long but at least they were logically termed and not based on some random thing I happen to say.
  • paulwalker82
    Options
    Menotyou said:
    now the 2nd of november and still no october payment , british gas's facebook page is flooded with people who still have not recieved there first payment yet , its getting beyond a joke now

Same here. They keep saying "might take 10 days to arrive" and some times "it was posted on the 19th" and yet still nothing. Every call is "its should be there soon" and every day there is nothing. I think at this point something at BG is seriously wrong. If it was a bill it would have been delivered and arrived so quickly that the ink would still not be dry on the envelope. As its passing on money I honestly am starting to think they just don't care and/or are holding on to it for as long as possible... or they have massively cocked up the mailmerge SQL. I mean, it should be as simple as "select from custmast where paytype = prepaykey" or something very similar!

I am also becoming more and more frustrated with their stupid "please speak what you want to deal with" because I DONT KNOW WHO I NEED TO SPEAK TO OR WHAT ITS CALLED and if I say "EBSS" or "government payment" or such like its "na mate, not got a clue what you want; tell me again". Why can't they go back to the old "press 1 for"; the lists might have been long but at least they were logically termed and not based on some random thing I happen to say.
    yep beginning to think we are not going to get it , i have actually got a national newspaper looking into this now , may help may not we will see
  • MattMattMattUK
    Options
    The fact that there are a few hundred very vocal people on Facebook doesn't really mean anything when you compare it to the hundreds of thousands to potentially millions of customers British Gas has to send these vouchers to shows that it is far from a big problem. Royal Mail's official loss figures are 0.1%, however third-party estimates are considerably higher and that is ignoring the fact that post can be subject to significant delays which is happening even more with the weekly strikes taking place. 

The constant calling/emailing/tweeting British Gas is only going to clog up the system so really people just need to wait it out, at least until the end of November, I understand it is not ideal, but it is also likely to be equally as effective as phoning them several times a week/day.
  • paulwalker82
    Options
    the latest bull from british gas today is its not them sending out the vouchers its the government and me and thousands of others need to contact the dwp to get it
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,638 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 3 November 2022 at 7:21PM
    Options
    the latest bull from british gas today is its not them sending out the vouchers its the government and me and thousands of others need to contact the dwp to get it
    Oh my word, that is exactly the kind of misinformation that confuses people and can lead to them falling for scams.  That is so dangerous!!

I have every sympathy for CS agents having their hands tired and being unable to actually help, but giving this kind of false information is inexcusable.

Telling them they need to contact anyone goes directly against the warnings the government and suppliers are putting out to try to help people not to fall for scams.  Absolutely horrendous.
  • paulwalker82
    Options
    well its now the 9th of november and as of now me along with thousands of others have still not recieved 1 penny of the government help from british gas , just more exceuses as to why , even told one person that its the post offices fault as they send a zip file to the post office to print and send out vouchers , this company is beyond a joke
  • Inoshe
    Inoshe Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've still not received anything and have been told several different stories. The latest one blaming the post office. 
  • ariarnia
    ariarnia Posts: 4,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    does everyone who still hasn't had there oct payments have an actual complaint logged? because if you are still having the run around 8 weeks after you logged a complaint then you can take it to the ombudsman to get it sorted. 

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy

you dont have to wait for a deadlock letter if its been 8 weeks with no fix. 
    Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you. Anne Lamott

It's amazing how those with a can-do attitude and willingness to 'pitch in and work' get all the luck, isn't it?

Please consider buying some pet food and giving it to your local food bank collection or animal charity. Animals aren't to blame for the cost of living crisis.
  • housebuyer143
    Options
    It took British gas 4 weeks to refund my balance when I closed my account. And that is only after I put in a formal complaint to them. 

• FindMyWayBack
    Options
    British Gas are still living in the days of when they could con and control old people. Why on Earth can these things not be sent out on emails and either printed or shown in shops. They are a disgrace, got my Dad away from them years ago, 6 monthly billing and talking absolute garbage on the phone....and breathe...
    Old enough to know better...........

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure