British gas not sending out the 66.00 vouchers

Options
paulwalker82
paulwalker82 Posts: 24 Forumite
First Post
edited 28 October 2022 at 10:20PM in Energy
i have a pay as you go key meter and as of today have still not recieved my 66.00 voucher , i have contacted them twice in the last 9 days and both times said it had been posted but refuse to give a date when , i am not alone in this as there facebook page is full of people complaining they still have not recied there vouchers , whats my best move on this as they are just fobbing people of

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wait for them to arrive.

There have been lots of people on here saying the same thing - and then some of them have had the vouchers arrive a few days later.
  • ariarnia
    ariarnia Posts: 4,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    theres also the postal strikes to think about. some things are taking a lot longer to arrive than they would normally because there not delivering but also not doing overtime acording to our local postie so stuff has been piling up a bit. 
    Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you. Anne Lamott

It's amazing how those with a can-do attitude and willingness to 'pitch in and work' get all the luck, isn't it?

Please consider buying some pet food and giving it to your local food bank collection or animal charity. Animals aren't to blame for the cost of living crisis.
  • doesntnotcompute
    Options
    I got mine from BG on the 19th, the date on the letter was the 3rd. I think there are delays at the BG end issuing the letters combined with the postal strikes.

Also as the Royal Mail CEO has said, "We are now a parcels business that also delivers letters" https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63253687

I only get letters once a week if that, if I order something off ebay / amazon etc I usually get a few letters with the parcel - like they're holding on to the letters or something! 
  • paulwalker82
    Options
    ariarnia said:
    theres also the postal strikes to think about. some things are taking a lot longer to arrive than they would normally because there not delivering but also not doing overtime acording to our local postie so stuff has been piling up a bit. 
    strange though my bills are getting delivered 2 days after posting to me don't you think , i get the feeling they are holding onto this money as long as possible to get the interest on it 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ariarnia said:
    strange though my bills are getting delivered 2 days after posting to me don't you think , i get the feeling they are holding onto this money as long as possible to get the interest on it 
    You get interest on a voucher?

I get the feeling that you just want to find something dodgy here.
  • ariarnia
    Options
    our post has been delayed. somethings by more than a week. parcels have been okay but we still havent had our october bank statement and a friend was in france a couple of weeks ago and sent postcards for the kids which we have only had the second of the other day (no idea where the first ended up!) 

i dont know if they hold the money anyway or if it will be paid from a government account with the supplier just sending out the voutchers because they have the customer details. 
    Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you. Anne Lamott

It's amazing how those with a can-do attitude and willingness to 'pitch in and work' get all the luck, isn't it?

Please consider buying some pet food and giving it to your local food bank collection or animal charity. Animals aren't to blame for the cost of living crisis.
  • paulwalker82
    paulwalker82 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 29 December 2022 at 6:45PM
    Options
    ariarnia said:

it looks dodgy , last day of the month and still no voucher , therer are loads more on british gas facebook page again this morning still not recieved theres , i spoke on the live chat yesterday and they could not even tell me what date it was posted , so i presume it has not been , 3rd live chat with them in 12 days and still being fobbed of
  • ariarnia
    Options
    have you put in a complaint? if you have then 8 weeks and you can escalate it to the ombusdman. reading the bbc article this morning then maybe also a letter to your local mp if you really want to?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63412380

• t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,291 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 December 2022 at 6:45PM
    Options
    ariarnia said:

it looks dodgy , last day of the month and still no voucher , therer are loads more on british gas facebook page again this morning still not recieved theres , i spoke on the live chat yesterday and they could not even tell me what date it was posted , so i presume it has not been , 3rd live chat with them in 12 days and still being fobbed of
    It's not dodgy it's just incompetence. British Gas are the masters of incompetence.
  • paulwalker82
    Options
    now the 2nd of november and still no october payment , british gas's facebook page is flooded with people who still have not recieved there first payment yet , its getting beyond a joke now
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback