IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Forbury Retail Park - Present on site during no parking period

Options
JM0809198
JM0809198 Posts: 57 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 18 October 2022 at 4:42PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi All, 

I've received a PCN from UKPC for the Forbury Retail Park in Reading, I was at the carpark from 00.01 to 00.11, just after midnight for 10 minutes, I entered the car park not knowing that I could get a fine for stopping off for a moment! I genuinely didn't see any signs  showing that the car park is restricted at particular times. I'm also diabetic and had to have a quick bite before driving off again. 

My wife is the registered keeper and she doesn't want to end up in court attempting to appeal this,, she has too much going on at the moment, although I wouldn't mind attending on her behalf if need be. Is there a way to stop this before it leads to a court hearing. I've read the newbies thread and I've  tried searching the contact details for the retail park but couldn't find any online unfortunately. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Comments

• patient_dream
    Options
    I know the car park. The UKPC signs are rubbish

What is the date of the ticket ?  
  • JM0809198
    Options
    I'm sure it's a bit of a hot-spot for UKPC. The ticket is dated 08/10/2022, time 00:01:40 to 00:11:49.
  • patient_dream
    Options
    JM0809198 said:
    I'm sure it's a bit of a hot-spot for UKPC. The ticket is dated 08/10/2022, time 00:01:40 to 00:11:49.
    As there are two entrances and one exit, which entry point did you use 
    Have you taken pictures of the signs ?
    And, were the signs illuminated at 12 midnight.   The signs in the car par park attached to poles are about 12ft high, small and not illuminated
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 October 2022 at 3:26PM
    Options
    You'll know from the NEWBIES thread that the registered keeper appeals and how/why it's not you who appeals.

She should remove the bit in the template appeal about pay & display machines, and instead add that the driver was diabetic and stopped to have something to eat in a safe place, and the signage is unlit and very poor in hours of darkness.

Go get some photos in darkness (not evening light...pitch black).

Don't memtion tyres.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • patient_dream
    Options
    There are no pay machines in the car park, it's ANPR.   
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yep, which is why the appellant should remove that line from the template and replace it.
  • JM0809198
    Options
    JM0809198 said:
    As there are two entrances and one exit, which entry point did you use 
    Have you taken pictures of the signs ?
    And, were the signs illuminated at 12 midnight.   The signs in the car par park attached to poles are about 12ft high, small and not illuminated
    I haven't been back to site as I just received the notice today, completely unexpected. I entered the Cark Park from the right side (closer to KFC) and then left from the main entrance/exit. I'll try and head back out to the site to see if I can read the signs. 
  • JM0809198
    Options
    You'll know from the NEWBIES thread that the registered keeper appeals and how/why it's not you who appeals.

She should remove the bit in the template appeal about pay & display machines, and instead add that the driver was diabetic and stopped to have something to eat in a safe place, and the signage is unlit and very poor in hours of darkness.

Go get some photos in darkness (not evening light...pitch black).

Don't memtion tyres.
    Thank you both for the advice and heads up. I'll take a few photos and upload them to this post. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Only in the dark.  Not early evening.
  • patient_dream
    Options
    Right so night time pics where you entered.  There is also a barrier where you entered and it is always up

No need to go in the car park, this a rubbish UKPC sign inside this car park and nothing has changed

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback