Transferred Cash ISA to 2 Year Fixed Rate Virgin Money one but only getting 0.1% interest

Options
Hi

I recently transferred my Easy Access Cash ISA with Skipton BS to a 2 year fixed rate E-ISA with Virgin Money.

I opened the account and then did a transfer in.

My money has gone over now (it seemed to take a long time) but the interest rate on the E-ISA is only 0.1% (issue 517).

Does anyone know why I'm only getting 0.1% instead of the 3% on the account featured on Money Saving Expert a couple of weeks ago?

Is there any way I can upgrade my Cash ISA to a higher rate with Virgin Money?

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• refluxer
    refluxer Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    If you only applied for the Fixed Rate ISA a few weeks ago, then 0.1% is obviously a mistake. If the funds have only just been transferred in, I would give it a day or so to correct itself and if it doesn't, then contact Virgin.
  • Peter999_2
    Peter999_2 Posts: 998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi.  I applied a couple of days ago when the rate had gone up to 4.5%.      Mine also shows 0.10% at the moment, hopefully it will change.
  • dc_scotland
    Options
    If the newly transferred funds are still showing as an uncleared transaction, the interest rate will show as 0.1%.  Once the funds show as a cleared transaction, the correct interest rate will be shown.
  • intalex
    intalex Posts: 838 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi.  I applied a couple of days ago when the rate had gone up to 4.5%.      Mine also shows 0.10% at the moment, hopefully it will change.
    4.5% with Virgin? What term? Issue #?
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi

I recently transferred my Easy Access Cash ISA with Skipton BS to a 2 year fixed rate E-ISA with Virgin Money.

I opened the account and then did a transfer in.

My money has gone over now (it seemed to take a long time) but the interest rate on the E-ISA is only 0.1% (issue 517).

Does anyone know why I'm only getting 0.1% instead of the 3% on the account featured on Money Saving Expert a couple of weeks ago?

Is there any way I can upgrade my Cash ISA to a higher rate with Virgin Money?

Thanks

Paul

Issue 517 will give you 3.27% -  I am assuming that the rate shown has not yet been updated from 0.1% but that it will be in due course 

The 3% shown on MSE will have been a previous issue, Virgin have a habit opening lots of ISAs for only short periods of time. 

I currently have a 1 year ISA without funds in, as that gives me 30 days in which to deposit and during that time a higher ISA may become available. 

You need to check the terms and conditions to see if you are able to cancel that ISA and and open a new one. The current terms for the latest ISA say that you need to cancel in writing within 14 days of making your deposit. 
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • paul_liverpoolfc
    Options
    Interest rate has been updated on account now - showing 3.22%.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback