PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Examples of surprising prices

Options
Did shop today and Prawns were cheaper than Margarine.  I was surprised by this as see prawns as luxury and Margarine as a basic and not suggesting you use prawns instead of Margarine.  It seems to me the basics are getting very expensive and we should switch our diets possibly.  Some more examples would be most helpful
35k savings no debt

Comments

• TheAble
    TheAble Posts: 1,607 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    otb666 said:
    Did shop today and Prawns were cheaper than Margarine.  I was surprised by this as see prawns as luxury and Margarine as a basic and not suggesting you use prawns instead of Margarine.  It seems to me the basics are getting very expensive and we should switch our diets possibly.  Some more examples would be most helpful
    I don't think so. Cheapest prawns around £12/kg vs margarine £2/kg. It's amount per set quantity which counts.
  • Rosa_Damascena
    Options
    Christ £7 :o They must not want to sell them!
    I think they do that so they can put them on an a multibuy offer, eg 2 for £10 to hoodwink the customer into thinking there is an economy of scale to be had.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport