24/7 Home Rescue Plans - Help if needed

Options
Reading this forum, many like myself have suffered from 24/7 Home Rescue policies and their record in declining valid claims. I have recently successfully obtained a full refund from them. It took nearly a year and there was a lot of time wasting but to help others I thought I'd write a guide to help others out with tips I would like to pass on to save you time, save your heart from the stress and ultimately get your money back.

Here are my tips
1. Dont waste any time negotiating with their Customer Service. They are IMHO just there to stall and make you give up.
2. Register your Complaint via their official website Complaint form. You have to do this first for legal reasons. You are basically giving them the chance to put it right for you. Hope you succeed but if not, go to the next step.
3. Send in a 'Subject Access Request'. You can google how to do this via Citizens Advice. Its a 5 minute email request. Its worth it because in my case it highlighted errors they had made in calculating my boiler age, used the wrong policy terms and conditions, showed internal email records that showed errors made in the assessment,  and also highlighted the prices they were applying to their calculations. This can give you a better understanding of your case and errors they may have made in assessing your claim.
4. Armed with your policy T&Cs, your Subject Access Request information and your Claim decline letter, if you still think they have not handled your claim correctly, Follow these proceedures - https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/pdf/protocols/debt-pap.pdf. This may look scary but it isnt. Print it off and following it step by step. I did and I have no legal skills. Just tick each step, step by step.
5. Once you issue your Letter of Claim, 24/7 have to follow the legal steps and take your case seriously. In my case they telephoned and offered to settle by offering me half the money owed, this after 9 months of denying everything before I did this stage. I declined and a few days later the settled and paid 100% of the money owed. 
6. If you have Home Insurance you may have a legal helpine service included in the policy, if you do, ring them , they can help you.

I hope this helps, I wasted a lot of time and effort thinking the Company would do the right thing. Ultimately I was left feeling they had to be forced to do the right thing and the Letter of Claim was what made it happen.

Good luck.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me MoneySave
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport