We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Virgin Money Cashback Retailers?

Options
13»

Comments

• wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,570 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 4 October 2023 at 8:02PM
    Options
    easysaver said:
    On redeeming my Barclays Blue Reward I saw an option to sign up to Barclays Cashback Rewards. I signed up and it looks like the same system as Virgin/RBS/NatWest. Maybe useful for some (e.g. cashback on your first spend, so if using Virgin on the first purchase use RBS next etc).
    Yes, I noticed and signed up to it the other day but it said I needed to wait a day or two before I could access it. You've reminded me to have another look and the top offer for me is 5% cashback on Barclays debit card spending in the UK, max reward £10, *in addition* to any retailer cashback from other offers. Pretty good but I only have 12 days in which to use it so I might just do the usual with these and buy a (discounted) supermarket gift card.
  • pokemaster
    pokemaster Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wmb194 said:
    easysaver said:
    On redeeming my Barclays Blue Reward I saw an option to sign up to Barclays Cashback Rewards. I signed up and it looks like the same system as Virgin/RBS/NatWest. Maybe useful for some (e.g. cashback on your first spend, so if using Virgin on the first purchase use RBS next etc).
    Yes, I noticed and signed up to it the other day but it said I needed to wait a day or two before I could access it. You've reminded me to have another look and the top offer for me is 5% cashback on Barclays debit card spending in the UK, max reward £10, *in addition* to any retailer cashback from other offers. Pretty good but I only have 12 days in which to use it so I might just do the usual with these and buy a (discounted) supermarket gift card.

Just wondered where do you get your discounted supermarket gift cards from?
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    wmb194 said:
    easysaver said:

Airtime Rewards offer 4% at Asda, M&S, Morrisons, Sainsbury's and Waitrose, and are open to all. 

I personally use either them or Perks at Work which is a scheme offered through a former employer. I've also used Sodexo's similar platform, which was more generous but much harder to use.
  • pokemaster
    Options
    WillPS said:
    wmb194 said:
    easysaver said:

Airtime Rewards offer 4% at Asda, M&S, Morrisons, Sainsbury's and Waitrose, and are open to all. 

I personally use either them or Perks at Work which is a scheme offered through a former employer. I've also used Sodexo's similar platform, which was more generous but much harder to use.

Just signed up to airtime rewards but couldn't find the 4% at Asda? Any ideas where i'm going wrong?
  • flykiller
    Options
    WillPS said:
    wmb194 said:
    easysaver said:

If you buy your M&S and Waitrose gift cards at Boots you'll get 5% on Airtime Rewards x
  • ForumUser7
    ForumUser7 Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm aware Virgin Money states 10WD for a transaction to show for cashback and 35 days to show in available balance. But generally, how long have people found it takes from the date you have a pending payment that will be eligible for cashback clear, till the date the cashback shows as pending please? Specifically LNER if anyone knows about that one, but knowing about others would be helpful too please. Wondering if it might come early. Thank you
    If you want me to definitely see your reply, please tag me @forumuser7 Thank you.

N.B. (Amended from Forum Rules): You must investigate, and check several times, before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my content, as nothing I post is advice, rather it is personal opinion and is solely for discussion purposes. I research before my posts, and I never intend to share anything that is misleading, misinforming, or out of date, but don't rely on everything you read. Some of the information changes quickly, is my own opinion or may be incorrect. Verify anything you read before acting on it to protect yourself because you are responsible for any action you consequently make... DYOR, YMMV etc.
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just got a 10% off at Morrisons email from these but on opening the app there's no listing at all for Morrisons, let alone 10%.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback