Three Still allowing Roaming if you do NOT renew your contract!

Options
I just got an email from Three saying my Contract Ends at the end of this month, I was expecting to have to change providers to someone like Smarty to keep my Roaming as many other people were recently told when their contract ended they had no choice but to renew contracts and then have to pay £2 for EU Roaming or leave Three, however, it looks like Three have had a change of heart and are now allowing us to avoid EU roaming fees if we do not renew our contracts, below is the small print in the email, hopefully, this will help anyone who's contract with Three is ending soon and thought they would be facing this dilemma.

"Go Roam is changing for new contracts/upgrades. There is a £2 daily roaming charge to unlock your UK allowances for 24 hours in Go Roam in Europe destinations and a £5 daily charge in Go Roam Around the World destinations. There is no daily charge if you choose to stay on your plan after your current contract ends. Go Roam use in the Republic of Ireland and the Isle of Man is excluded from the daily charge. Our fair use policies apply in Go Roam destinations. See www.three.co.uk/priceguide for full details."

So if you have had your contract since before October 2021 are happy with what you are paying and happy to buy your own phone independently when it needs replacing, when your contract ends, "Do Nothing".

Comments

• Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They must have had a change of heart because a few months after my contract reached the end of its minimum term (last October) I was given the option of either choosing a new contract or be given one as decided by Three. Either way I would lose out on roaming.

I switched to O2 at a cheaper rate and got EU roaming (plus a few other countries) included. 
  • JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've just been charged £2 per day for 'Roaming' on Guernsey.  Been with 3 for at least a decade, but new contract from January 2022.
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £131 of £366
  • skycatcher
    Options
    They seem to let you rollover for a few months then tell you it's time for a new contract or bye bye. That's what happened to my wife and myself about a month ago. Moved to Lebara on the 1p for 6 months offer and very happy with them.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    3 PAYG still has roamiing.

Have a few Sims old data reward and new ones ready if we need them to add a bundle

Dual SIM phone no need to port when chasing data deals.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wait a few months and they will force you onto a new contract.
  • biscan25
    Options
    Yes, they gave me notice after 3 months after the end of my contract. Like many, moved to Lebara. All good.
    Pensions actuary, Runner, Dog parent, Homeowner
  • Exemplar
    Exemplar Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We had 4 contracts with them, all £8 for 30GB and roam at home (we do travel a lot). We got told they were moving us on to a new contract with no free roaming. So we moved all 4 to O2. Same price with EU roaming and Disney Plus. 
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Exemplar said:
    We had 4 contracts with them, all £8 for 30GB and roam at home (we do travel a lot). We got told they were moving us on to a new contract with no free roaming. So we moved all 4 to O2. Same price with EU roaming and Disney Plus. 
    How did you get O2 for £8 a month? Their cheapest seems to be £15.
  • flaneurs_lobster
    Options
    jon81uk said:
    Exemplar said:
    Got 20GB for £8 a couple of months back, via Uswitch I think. 
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    jon81uk said:
    Exemplar said:
    Got 20GB for £8 a couple of months back, via Uswitch I think. 
    Still available(loads of other options)

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/o2-12-month-contract-sim-20gb-3984617

Don't forget if you have VM volt kicks in for more perks.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback