Lebara: no SIM card received after 8 days?

Options
sebtomato
sebtomato Posts: 1,109 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Hi all,

Took the 1p per month deal about 9 days ago. Received order confirmation email, and then dispatch email for the SIM card 8 days ago:

"Great news. Your Lebara SIM is on the way! It should be with you within the next 2 days via Royal Mail."

Still not received the SIM card. I am assuming Royal Mail lost it during their strike, as opposed to Lebara not sending it?

I have been unable to contact Lebara so far to ask for a replacement.

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,270 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    RM are on strike again, so even if Lebara post another SIM it will still be in the same pile as the previous one. I'd just sit it out & wait
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • sebtomato
    Options
    Farway said:
    RM are on strike again, so even if Lebara post another SIM it will still be in the same pile as the previous one. I'd just sit it out & wait
    Strike was called off today. I have eventually managed to chat to Lebara, and they are posting another SIM card today. Clearly, the first one posted 8 days ago was lost by RM during their first strike.
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It took close on a week for mine to arrive. They are probably inundated with orders. 
  • sebtomato
    Options
    Neil49 said:
    It took close on a week for mine to arrive. They are probably inundated with orders. 
    But did you have to wait for the despatch notification, or was it despatched quickly (in which case, not a Lebara issue)?
  • sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,419 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I Ordered a 4 in different times over the month the offer was on and they all came with-in 2 days with the email to say they where on there way.
    So as said must have been the post being on strike.
    Hopefully they have re- sent out a 1p again and not a normal Payg sim because the offer has now finished.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
  • sebtomato
    edited 14 September 2022 at 10:37PM
    Options
    Just as an update: after 8 days, I managed to contact Lebara on chat, explaining that I hadn't receive the initial SIM card.

They sent a replacement, and it arrived 3 days later. Was sent recorded/signed for, so didn't get lost.

SIM card didn't activate automatically (not provisioned) but I guess it's because it was a replacement card. Managed to talk to someone on chat quickly (no wait), and operator was very useful. Provisioned the card right away, and it's all working fine now. Correct plan is applied: 1p for 6 months.
  • sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,419 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    sebtomato said:
    Just as an update: after 8 days, I managed to contact Lebara on chat, explaining that I hadn't receive the initial SIM card.

They sent a replacement, and it arrived 3 days later. Was sent recorded/signed for, so didn't get lost.

SIM card didn't activate automatically (not provisioned) but I guess it's because it was a replacement card. Managed to talk to someone on chat quickly (no wait), and operator was very useful. Provisioned the card right away, and it's all working fine now. Correct plan is applied: 1p for 6 months.
    Glad you got it sorted out well done....Mine are all working fine so hopefully don't have to contact there custom service because that's been the main complaint from people.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
  • JohnReese
    Options
    sebtomato said:

Did they just send a replacement once you gave them the e-mail you signed up with?

I have a similar issue where a family member and I both took advantage of an offer from Lebara. They received their SIM within 5 days by post and had no problem activating the SIM and setting up the online account.

I ordered the same day with my e-mail (separate account). I however am currently waiting for delivery of my SIM and it has been about 10 working days?

I got all the confirmation e-mails and a reference number. But still waiting on the initial SIM card?
  • sebtomato
    Options
    JohnReese said:
    sebtomato said:

Did they just send a replacement once you gave them the e-mail you signed up with?

I have a similar issue where a family member and I both took advantage of an offer from Lebara. They received their SIM within 5 days by post and had no problem activating the SIM and setting up the online account.

I ordered the same day with my e-mail (separate account). I however am currently waiting for delivery of my SIM and it has been about 10 working days?

I got all the confirmation e-mails and a reference number. But still waiting on the initial SIM card?
    I contacted Lebara support by chat after about 8 days, and they sent a replacement SIM card, using Recorded Mail.

It's now been 1.5 months, and the original SIM card has never arrived.

I did have to contact support again when the new SIM card arrived, to activate it. I guess it's because it was a replacement card. Didn't activate itself by just putting it in a phone, so standard instructions didn't work.

Very happy with Lebara so far: support people on chat were efficient, and SIM card has been working fine for a month now, including abroad in Spain (Canary Islands). I am actually getting a better signal in many places (Vodafone) now compared to BT/Plusnet I had before.
  • JohnReese
    Options
    sebtomato said:
    JohnReese said:
    sebtomato said:

I contacted Lebara support by chat after about 8 days, and they sent a replacement SIM card, using Recorded Mail.

It's now been 1.5 months, and the original SIM card has never arrived.

I did have to contact support again when the new SIM card arrived, to activate it. I guess it's because it was a replacement card. Didn't activate itself by just putting it in a phone, so standard instructions didn't work.

Very happy with Lebara so far: support people on chat were efficient, and SIM card has been working fine for a month now, including abroad in Spain (Canary Islands). I am actually getting a better signal in many places (Vodafone) now compared to BT/Plusnet I had before.
    That's good to know! I've had good experience with them in the past. This time round, the new SIM hasn't arrived.

I do agree their customer service and efficiency is usually excellent. And a family member did order a SIM on the same day as me and received their one within 4 days. 

When you went to the Lebara Support Chat, can you put in any telephone number on the form before they connect? I don't know what my new Lebara number is since that usually comes in the letter with the SIM. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback