Regret dating event

Options

Comments

• pickledonionspaceraider
    Options
    OOo let us know how this goes!

I am intrigued

In dating, I always was guided by Del-Boy Trotter, 'He who dares, my son, he who daressssssssss' and in most other aspects of my life I just think life is too short - get in there- as you may never get another chance

When I met my Husband, we  worked at the same organisation but not the same branch - different Towns

I realised he was quite shy, whereas I am slightly more daring.  So I did the immature thing of getting one of the girls at work to pass my number to him

Literally got nothing to lose, I thought if he doesn't respond then my work does not put me in a situation where I have to see him often, and literally I do not care, what is a life time of happiness opposed to a short time of feeling brushed off

Been together 15 years now, married for 9.

If you do not get a response, then move forward with dignity, but remember this lesson for future, and go forwards feeling more confident - so WHAT if someone brushes you off - I promise you, it does not matter in the grand scheme xx

With love, POSR <3
  • sim2335
    sim2335 Posts: 582 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

I  messaged them on Instagram and sent them email no reply, and They don’t have a number

Wow, I didn’t think I would have courage to ask number diffent department.

Thanks for encouragement, disappointed they didn’t even bother to reply.

Anyway if it’s meant to be sure she will be at next event, hopefully we can both make it 

• sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    sim2335 said:

I  messaged them on Instagram and sent them email no reply, and They don’t have a number

Anyway if it’s meant to be sure she will be at next event, hopefully we can both make it 

How did you find contact details in the end?  
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • sim2335
    Options
    sim2335 said:

I already follow them on Instagram and then one I be in touch with before other I googled
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sim2335 said:

I think @sim2335 has contact details for the company - not the person he met at the event. 
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • sim2335
    Options
    Thanks 74jax that is correct.

anthor reason I didn’t ask is I thought you only ask for number if you have a really good connection or instant attraction.
    but This can build over time.

the worse thing is as days have gona by the more I relaised how much I liked her and she wa single and looking for someone.
    malaise how rare it is for me at dating event to see someone I want to meet again.

also how easy it would be now to ask for her number, 

just something simple like nice talking to you maybe we could meet up sometime if I can take your number.

one of orginser is based in my city so hoepfully they do anthor even soon as she’s there.,
  • sim2335
    Options
    Just had a great idea at the next event the orginser, if girl not that I can just ask them to pass on my information they can’t ignore me there.

I just hope they keep hold of the details of pst attndess
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    Here's a better idea.
    Swap names and numbers with all the girls you speak with, then afterwards you can decide whether to follow it up.

For now, put this one aside as it will prevent another stepping into your life.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • sim2335
    Options
    calleyw said:
    I can see your obessing again.  To be blunt if she was interested she would have given you her number.  If I was running the event and you contacted me afterwards.  I would tell you that I have no intention of passing your number on. As thats not how we run these events.
    You need to stop fixating.  You keep going aound in circles about having a wife.  Marriage is not for all. And its not a right.  So just move on.

Nothing is a right, driving isn’t having a job isn’t that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try or give up for what you want.

I could have gave up then I wouldn’t have a car how long took me to pass, wouldn’t have been in same job for 6 years had 13 14 jobs before then.

She may have asked or maybe she was thinking same as me.

Tahts last thing I’m trying at next event.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback