IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC / DCB Legal - Part 2 - I WON IN COURT

IloveElephants
IloveElephants Posts: 769
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
Forumite
edited 16 February 2023 at 4:18PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi Everyone, 

Thank you to everyone that helped me with my previous thread "UKPC/DCB Legal" which eventually was discontinued.

So I have received another Claim form Letter on the 09th August 2022 - "In the county court business centre" 

Shall I mention the carpark in question? It has been mentioned on this forum last year by somebody else.  The carpark is now empty and to my knowledge UKPC are no longer managing the carpark. 

I have my WS and will fight this case like the previous case UKPC/DCB created against me. 

The particulars of this claim are

The Defendant is indebted to the claimant for parking charged issued to vehicle ...........at (mention location) 
The pcn details are as follows.  09/2019  10/2019

x2 pcns

The pcn was issued on private land or managed by C. 
The vehicle was parked in breached of the terms and C signs. (the contract)
thus incurring the PCNS. 
4. the driver agreed to pay within 8 days but did not. D Is liable as the driver or keeper. Despite requests the PCNS 
is outstanding. The contract entitles C to damages. 
AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS
1. £340 Being the total of the PCNS and damages
2. interest at a rate of 8% per year per annum pursuant to 69 of the county court act 1984. 
3. Costs a court fees.

Signed Yasmin Mia 

I have the SAR request already as I have dealt to these 2 companies before. 

As mention I am happy to share the location of the carpark if it helps? I know the parking companies are reading these forums so was hesitant to reveal this info.  

I will share photos from the sar and screen shots from google images to back my case. 

Now I am going login to MCOL and will begin the AOS and follow the same process as my previous thread. 

Thank you to everyone. 

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,113
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So I have received another Claim form Letter on the 09th August 2022 - "In the county court business centre"
    You say that you have received a County Court Claim on 9th August.
    Can you now please tell us the Issue Date on it?
  • IloveElephants
    Forumite
    edited 14 August 2022 at 8:47PM
    My vehicle in the middle, I remember when entered in the carpark a high top van was parked where the small blue car is parked thus covering the signage board. No other signage boards were present. 

See screen shot below... image taken 2015 from google earth, still the same as it was in 2019 and the present. Where the yellow car is parked and opposite the small square sign to the left where I have marked in black. If vehicles park long the fence then the signage is obstructed as in the case in the image below. 

Also when driving in to this car park on a right hand side vehicle its impossible to notice the small signage if is is placed on the drivers left hand side especially is the signage is not mounted on a tall post. 

Image taken via street view June 2022, the carpark is no longer managed by UKPC and now has bollards in the ground. 

• KeithP said:
    Hi Keith, thanks for your reply

Issue date is 10th August 2022 my apologies. Thank you 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,113
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    KeithP said:

Issue date is 10th August 2022...

With a Claim Issue Date of 10th August, you have until Tuesday 30th August to file an Acknowledgment of Service but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an Acknowledgment of Service, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.

Having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Monday 12th September 2022 to file your Defence.
    That's four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service instructions.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
  • IloveElephants
    Forumite
    edited 14 August 2022 at 9:22PM
    Thank you Keith, yes I will file the AOS tomorrow. In the mean time I am preparing the defence. I will keep you all updated, thank you. 
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,417
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 15 August 2022 at 6:27AM

thus incurring the PCNS. 
    4. the driver agreed to pay within 8 days but did not. D Is liable as the driver or keeper. Despite requests the PCNS 
    AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS
    2. interest at a rate of 8% per year per annum pursuant to 69 of the county court act 1984. 
    3. Costs a court fees.

Signed Yasmin Mia 

We don't know why Yasmin Mia is not locked up for contempt of court

£340 is a complete lie and DAMAGES is the biggest load of rubbish ?
    Yasmin must tell the truth, not a fabrication of DCBL

• The pcn was issued on private land or managed by C. 
    thus incurring the PCNS. 
    AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS
    3. Costs a court fees.

Signed Yasmin Mia 

Hi Patient dream,
    thanks for your reply, outrageous,

£530 IN TOTAL. Amount claimed £430
    court fee £50
    Legal representative costs £50

• patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,417
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

thus incurring the PCNS. 
    AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS
    3. Costs a court fees.

Signed Yasmin Mia 

Hi Patient dream,

court fee £50

And the so called damages are £140 ??  

This must be a spelling mistake by DCBL ...... We already know the correct spelling is "fake debt recovery charge" or "fake scam"

DAMAGES ...... who gets the amount ?  Cannot be DCBL as no damage has been done to them ? ..   Was UKPC the landowner or just a simple manager ?  If they were  kicked out, they certainly were not the landowner

The real landowner should be alerted that a legal is working on their behalf and money is on the way ?

Of course in your case, how would they explain this to a judge because as eggs are eggs UKPC are not entitled to damages and nor are DCBL

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 57,999
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 15 August 2022 at 8:18AM
    The location is a pub called Jack Straw's Castle, North End Way, Hampstead, NW3.

There was another thread about this site but I don't believe the poster ever came back with an update.

Photo in daylight from GSV, 

I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks

• The pcn was issued on private land or managed by C. 
    thus incurring the PCNS. 
    AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS
    3. Costs a court fees.

Signed Yasmin Mia 

Hi Patient dream,

court fee £50

And the so called damages are £140 ??  

This must be a spelling mistake by DCBL ...... We already know the correct spelling is "fake debt recovery charge" or "fake scam"

DAMAGES ...... who gets the amount ?  Cannot be DCBL as no damage has been done to them ? ..   Was UKPC the landowner or just a simple manager ?  If they were  kicked out, they certainly were not the landowner

The real landowner should be alerted that a legal is working on their behalf and money is on the way ?

Of course in your case, how would they explain this to a judge because as eggs are eggs UKPC are not entitled to damages and nor are DCBL

Hi Patient dream, thank you for your comment.

I agree, why are they claiming damages as no damage was done to them, they do not even own the land, someone told me they were kicked out by the land owner as they were falsely issuing people tickets. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback