Universal credit statement help

Options

Comments

• Chrome020
    Options
    this is what I found on the tax website if this isn't allowed on here, please delete.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 12 August 2022 at 5:30AM
    Options
    That seems clear. Include the information to UC. They should be able to correct your calculation.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Chrome020
    Options
    UC just rang me not long ago and asked again when I was last paid which I explained again for the 100th time, then they said it's because of the 3rd of June payment was reported late in mid July but I don't see how it's that as it's reported I was paid 752 this statement not 677? Think they've lost the plot just as much as I have with this.
    Anyway, they have put in an investigation but I most likely won't hear back til next week now and the gentleman said if they get the exact same figures back that they already have I will have to provide payslips and bank statements which I'm happy to do.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    Options
    At least they are at least engaging with you.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Chrome020
    Options
    calcotti said:
    At least they are at least engaging with you.
    Yeah definitely :) hope it can get sorted asap
  • Icequeen1
    Icequeen1 Posts: 443 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chrome020 said:
    UC just rang me not long ago and asked again when I was last paid which I explained again for the 100th time, then they said it's because of the 3rd of June payment was reported late in mid July but I don't see how it's that as it's reported I was paid 752 this statement not 677? Think they've lost the plot just as much as I have with this.
    Anyway, they have put in an investigation but I most likely won't hear back til next week now and the gentleman said if they get the exact same figures back that they already have I will have to provide payslips and bank statements which I'm happy to do.
    It is possible the payment on 1 July was reported late and so fell into the same period as 29 July payment which was netted off against it? Not quite £752 though.
  • Chrome020
    Chrome020 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 August 2022 at 11:15AM
    Options
    Icequeen1 said:
    Chrome020 said:
    It is possible the payment on 1 July was reported late and so fell into the same period as 29 July payment which was netted off against it? Not quite £752 though.
    Hi. This is what I think too, even though my previous employer has said 1st of July was reported on time.
    My 1st July pay was £773.06 and they said for the 29th of July there was a £20.50 adjustment 773.06 - 20.50 is 752.56 which is the amount reported on my UC
  • Chrome020
    Options
    Is it true that it could take weeks for the earnings dispute? And would anyone know if there's anything I could get even if it means playing it back as I don't have any money, I asked if I could get an advance and they said no.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,073 Forumite
    Options
    Chrome020 said:
    Is it true that it could take weeks for the earnings dispute? And would anyone know if there's anything I could get even if it means playing it back as I don't have any money, I asked if I could get an advance and they said no.

Potentially it could take weeks. Though there are no timescales. You will be too late for a new claim advance payment now. For a budgeting loan you don't meet the criteria because you need to be claiming certain means tested benefits for at least 6 months and have earnings of less than £2,600 in those 6 months. (single person) https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/on-universal-credit/budgeting-advance/
    I don't know if you can apply for a hardship payment or whether those are just for those that have been sanctioned. https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Hardship-Payment/Hardship-Payments-of-Universal-Credit
    Do you have any family that you could ask to borrow some money from while you wait?

• Chrome020
    Chrome020 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Any advice here? My previous employer isn't replying to HMRC and they aren't replying to my emails either, I have requested mandatory reconsideration but what's the chances of me getting anywhere if my previous employer just ignores any requests.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback