IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS County Court Claim - Hearing Stage: I Won!!!

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If it had changed I'd have updated it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • koahanee
    koahanee Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi all, just a quick question.

Submitted my defence. Received DQ form from Northampton County Court on 3/1/23 with a deadline of 20/1/23.

Filled in the form and emailed it back to CCBCAQ with VCS and their solicitor (ELMS legal) copied in on 12/1/23. Got the standard acknowledgement email from CCBCAQ and Elms legal also replied and said they received my DQ.

Checked MCOL today and it still has not been updated that they received my DQ. Do I need to chase up? Or shall I just chill and wait for court allocation and WS stage now? 

Thanks All x
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    koahanee said:
    Hi all, just a quick question.

Submitted my defence. Received DQ form from Northampton County Court on 3/1/23 with a deadline of 20/1/23.

Filled in the form and emailed it back to CCBCAQ with VCS and their solicitor (ELMS legal) copied in on 12/1/23. Got the standard acknowledgement email from CCBCAQ and Elms legal also replied and said they received my DQ.

Checked MCOL today and it still has not been updated that they received my DQ. Do I need to chase up? Or shall I just chill and wait for court allocation and WS stage now? 

Thanks All x
    As you have received an acknowledgment of your completed DQ, just keep an eye on your Claim History.

We have heard that the CCBC are at least a couple of weeks behind with that sort of thing.
    Don't lose that email receipt.
  • koahanee
    Options
    Thank you @KeithP - will keep checking the MCOL website 👍🏻
  • koahanee
    Options
    Hi all,

It’s me again.
    So today I’ve got a letter from VCS saying Elms legal is no longer representing them and to direct any future communication to VCS. They also ‘offer’ a reduced amount of £195 to settle the claim and for them to discontinue any further proceedings.

Obviously I won’t pay, I want to fight this till the end!! but just wanted to check if I need to do anything/respond to this letter or can I just file the letter & make sure all future comms go to VCS? Also just curious what is VCS behind this change of legal rep? 

Thanks x
  • Not_A_Hope
    Options
    Just file it
  • koahanee
    Options
    Hi,

Sorry it’s me again. Went to check my MCOL today for an update and noticed they’ve updated the Claimant (VCS) DQ submission on 26th Jan and still no record of mine -  although I emailed my DQ to CCBCAQ and VCS and has an acknowledgment from both on 12th Jan.

Would it be worth sending an email to the CCBCAQ address to chase? @KeithP mentioned they might be a few weeks behind so don’t want to create any extra noises but at the same I don’t want to get a CCJ in case they overlook my DQ submission.

thanks x
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    koahanee said:
    Hi,

Sorry it’s me again. Went to check my MCOL today for an update and noticed they’ve updated the Claimant (VCS) DQ submission on 26th Jan and still no record of mine -  although I emailed my DQ to CCBCAQ and VCS and has an acknowledgment from both on 12th Jan.

Would it be worth sending an email to the CCBCAQ address to chase? @KeithP mentioned they might be a few weeks behind so don’t want to create any extra noises but at the same I don’t want to get a CCJ in case they overlook my DQ submission.

thanks x
    I wouldn't bother sending an email. They will probably take another couple of weeks to reply.

I would phone the CCBC - number on your Claim Form - and ask them what's going on.

The good news is that a missing DQ isn't taken too seriously by the CCBC. If they find you haven't returned one, or have lost the one you did return, then they will write to you offering you another seven days to comply.
  • koahanee
    Options
    Thank you @KeithP 👍🏻 Will give them a ring tomorrow to see what’s going on x
  • koahanee
    Options
    Hi all, it’s me again!! 

So today I received the Notice of Allocation to the Small Claim Track (Hearing) from the local County Court.

Just wanted to make sure I’ve got the next course of actions correct 😅

1. Return the N159 response form to both the Court and VCS bu 21st March so the hearing can take place in person (decline the case being dealt with on papers)

2. Once I return the N159 form, do I still need to submit my Witness Statement by 4pm on 4th April? Or will I wait first for another letter from the Court with a date for F2F hearing (currently the paper hearing is set for 25th May) before sending my Witness Statement?

thank you all for your valuable advice 🙏

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure