TalkTalk Business - Not receiveing bill and direct debit increase notifications

For several years now, I've not been receiving email notifications of bills being ready to download or of increases in direct debits. This puts TalkTalk Business in breach of the Direct Debit Guarantee so they should be refunding the increased amounts. To cut a long story short, I've spent the last year trying to get them to sort it and they've come up with every possible silly explanation you can imagine the latest of which being that it is because "I have not opted to receive marketing emails". A quick call to the ICO and a subject access request soon made them backtrack on that. The usual outcome is that they just unilaterally close the complaints saying they are resolved when they aren't.

Finally, I'm now dealing with a representative who is taking it seriously, sticking with it and ensuring the case stays open. They have confirmed and I now have it on record (call recordings due shortly) that it is a known issue with their contact centre that is affecting a large number of customers.

I have now passed the 8 week threshold to take this to CICAS (I am a sole trade, less then 10 employees) and have also reported it to OFCOM. Although the latter won't handle it as an individual complaint, if enough other people experiencing this issue report it to them, there is more chance they will investigate.

I don't know if this also affects TalkTalk home customers?

Will post again if and when the issue is sorted.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback