Laptop Processor

Options
13»

Comments

• grannybroon
    grannybroon Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    J_B, as I said earlier there are other issues with the laptop.  I wouldn't know where to start putting more ssd in it.  Anywhere local charges £80 or more just to accept hardware into the premises.  I don't think I am being non MSE by replacing given it's age. 
  • grannybroon
    Options
    Oh well, the Costco one appears to be sold out already despite it being an offer available from Monday. 
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What software do you run on it?  If its just browsing then spending a lot may get very little extra performance once
    the machine starts to build clutter.

Updated my PC a little while back and it was costly yet opens browser windows about the same as the previous 12 year
    old PC, already had an SSD upgrade so little performance to be gained.

AMD 5500U as an alternative to that CostCo offer...  More Cores less money but do you need more cores?

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• grannybroon
    Options
     forgotmyname said:
    What software do you run on it?  If its just browsing then spending a lot may get very little extra performance once
    the machine starts to build clutter.

Updated my PC a little while back and it was costly yet opens browser windows about the same as the previous 12 year
    old PC, already had an SSD upgrade so little performance to be gained.

AMD 5500U as an alternative to that CostCo offer...  More Cores less money but do you need more cores?

Thanks for your reply.  I use it for all sorts of things for my small business.  The decision has been taken that I want a replacement.  I now just need to decide what make/model with the spec I have decided on.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback