🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Y-Live

Options

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,136 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    While there longer 20 minute surveys seem to fit the £1 for 5 minutes statement. The ones that should only take 5 minutes nearly always end up at 12/13 minutes! I often wonder if they don’t include all those initial questions you get on most of the surveys in that 5 minutes!
    silvercar said:
    While there longer 20 minute surveys seem to fit the £1 for 5 minutes statement. The ones that should only take 5 minutes nearly always end up at 12/13 minutes! I often wonder if they don’t include all those initial questions you get on most of the surveys in that 5 minutes!
    They can't include them, or they would have to pay out £2 every time you failed to qualify!
    I don't follow your logic.  If the initial questions were included in the suggested survey time, why would they have to pay out anything if one failed to qualify?
    If I’m supposedly 20% through a survey before it decides I’m not eligible. If that was part of the survey then by rights I should be paid 20% of the survey payment.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,870 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    silvercar said:
    silvercar said:
    They can't include them, or they would have to pay out £2 every time you failed to qualify!
    I don't follow your logic.  If the initial questions were included in the suggested survey time, why would they have to pay out anything if one failed to qualify?
    If I’m supposedly 20% through a survey before it decides I’m not eligible. If that was part of the survey then by rights I should be paid 20% of the survey payment.
    I wasn't aware that was in their terms for payment.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,961 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    silvercar said:
    silvercar said:
    Many of questions at the beginning are to check you are paying attention both then and with follow-up questions later and are not specific questions about the survey topic - if I am screened out and entered into the prize draw it is usually within a couple of survey specific questions so there is generally no usable survey data for them.
  • dave2319
    dave2319 Posts: 548 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Obviously it's not going to happen but it would certainly be very nice if all surveys paid for whatever percentage we complete! Then it might encourage them to stop wasting our time with loads of test questions before getting onto one that determines whether we actually qualify. Surely there's no need to select things like what colour we can see here or watch videos of giraffes before then.
  • JoeCrystal
    JoeCrystal Posts: 3,046 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Qmee used to pay 3p or 9p I think for spending enough time but still got screened out. Shame they stopped that!
  • fly-catchers
    fly-catchers Posts: 647 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pure profile still pays 5p for all surveys you are screened out. In fact a lot of my earnings end up coming from those 5ps!
  • Frequentlyhere
    Options
    @fly-catchers you're completely right. I just did a £1 survey that took absolutely yonks because it was packed full of all the screening questions, which I must have answered 200 times by now. I'm not going to do anything less than £3 I think now.

Also - why on earth can't they store this endlessly endlessly repeated data somewhere for each user just as prolific does. It'd save them a fortune and stop wasting our time.
  • fly-catchers
    Options
    @fly-catchers you're completely right. I just did a £1 survey that took absolutely yonks because it was packed full of all the screening questions, which I must have answered 200 times by now. I'm not going to do anything less than £3 I think now.

Also - why on earth can't they store this endlessly endlessly repeated data somewhere for each user just as prolific does. It'd save them a fortune and stop wasting our time.
    I often wonder what happens if you say you have visited Antarctica in the test questions!
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Hello Y Live.

Please could the current surveys be reviewed.

Constant data questions are very out of date and time wasting particularly the one about the Chief Income earner.  This is so patronising.

Lots of spelling mistakes such as ` airplane` which doesn’t put your organization in a favourable light. Capital city written in upper case.  Ridiculous questions re Antarctica- there are better ways to check concentration levels!  These appeared on a survey re Network Rail.

The surveys used to be of a higher standard but they are worsening.

Other survey companies utilize the data so that questions aren’t repetitive.

Sadly my enjoyment of them is steadily going downhill and no one seems to be correcting them.

I see on various sites that other people have commented the same way.

Please address these concerns rather than churn the same faulty format out time and time again.

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,961 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

I often wonder what happens if you say you have visited Antarctica in the test questions!
    There maybe a follow up test question towards the end that asks when you last visited Antarctica and if your answer is not the one that would indicate it was in the last 7 days = screenout (based on one I messed up about news stories/newspapers)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure