IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PCN from Parking Control Management

Options
123457»

Comments

• MadMunk
    MadMunk Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 3 August 2023 at 8:19PM
    Options
    Nope.  They had submitted to the courts that they would not be in attendance and were happy for it to be heard on papers a few weeks prior to the hearing along with their witness statement.  It was my own misunderstanding that when I got this notification it said "Claimant" and I wrongfully assumed that it would just be a Gladstone's rep in court and nobody from the parking company.  

Hertford Magistrates Court.  Forgive me, I did not note the judges full name.  Is there a way I could find that out?  Am I yet to receive some important documentation that will contain it?
  • YankeeBrit
    YankeeBrit Posts: 180 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,818 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Nice one, great result, super outcome. Thanks for feeding back - we need feedback to tell us if our advice still works. You'd be surprised (perhaps) at the number who milk the forum for all its worth, then just CBA to inform us of the outcome ......... that is, until they fall foul of another PPC, as undoubtedly they will before too long, then expect and demand the same level of forum help as they received previously!

Take everything, give nothing!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • MadMunk
    Options
    We're all different, with our own priorities.  But credit where it's due folks.  If you weren't here, I would not have won.  Simple as that.

Thank you one and all
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 135,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 August 2023 at 8:46PM
    Options
    Nicely done!  Great news!

Do stick around and take part in the DLUHC's current final steps: 

(a)  'call for evidence' (open now - see the DLUHC IA DISCUSSION thread) then

(b). their final Public Consultation once they are ready to finalise changing the private parking playing field for the better.

Happy to have helped - but it us a team effort and we relied on you to win on the day!

I'm glad I'm retired and have time to post here and (since 2020) had fun calling out the PPC Industry on the DLUHC Steering Group too - what a joy that's been. it's very rewarding.  You can only imagine what I've called out in the last 3 years, eyeball to virtual eyeball !
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MadMunk
    Options
    That's great news and a cause for celebration. However, can you please pad out the details of your day in court? What did the judge actually say? Whilst you say Gladrags didn't show up, did they send a rep to argue on their behalf?

Which court and which judge?
    Had some paperwork through yesterday @YankeeBrit.  I had "Judge Lewis" at Hertford Magistrates Court.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 135,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12 August 2023 at 2:23AM
    Options
    Very good result @MadMunk

Please help with the August 'call for evidence' which has now become (on this forum at least) a clarion call for photos evidencing 'good' car parks that function with "LOW or NO £ deterrent":
    :
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6463361/dluhc-private-parking-code-government-launches-call-for-evidence-discussion-thread/p16

Keep these coming during August please!

- signs where the PCN is under £70

- signs altered with cheap stickers, ideally not £100 levels though

- large car park locations with no PPC infestation, showing a lack of carmaggeddon like this example:
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2016/05/bank-holiday-carmageddon-at-asda.html?m=1

- polite signs from the retailer/business at sites with no PPC, especially at bays where you can also show that no-one is abusing the site...

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback