🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Saving electricity tips

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Alnat1
    Alnat1 Posts: 3,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds an expensive way to save a few pennies on phone charging, how long do you estimate the pay back will be?

My phone charger is using 6.3w and phone will be charged in 2-3 hours. Charger uses 0w once phone is fully charged.
    Barnsley, South Yorkshire
    Solar PV 5.25kWp SW facing (14 x 375 Longi) Lux 3.6kw hybrid inverter and 4.8kw Pylontech battery storage installed March 22
    Octopus Agile/Fixed Outgoing and Tracker gas
  • Tjd85
    Tjd85 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Yeh I suppose it is a rather expensive way but it does depend on personnel circumstances and the size of the household. A family of 4 each with a phone/tablet/smart watch/ laptop could be potentially spending £50 a year on charging maybe more. Add on game controllers/headsets etc. Night lights are also a big thing. Like I said it’s never going to save big bucks but it can help in then long term and shows that a solar system can be advantageous with out setting up a big system.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure