IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking fine CCJ

Hi, I'm a newbie and need some advice.
I received a letter PCN on 17th November 2021 to say I parked illegally in Innovation Park Edge Lane Liverpool.  I had an appointment with NHS to see doctor and was first time I had been . On arriving all the Car parks said permit holders only and literally there was no patient parking except for a few spaces outside the NHS building so I parked there , my appointment was 13th August 2021 and I received  a first letter in November which puzzled me as I couldn't recollect where the letter stated that I could have been in any of the 4 car parks on site but never said which , at that point I put it to one side and forgot about it . Since then I received a County Court notice and by the time I responded it's now  CCJ against me . Is this possible?

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 21,927
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Clearly it is as it happened but help is at hand in the NEWBIE sticky second post.  You need to read about set-aside.  What was the date of the CCJ?  Did you move house and forget to update your address with DVLA?  You will need a N244 form and it costs £275 to apply (unless you are on benefits and can get "help with fees" look that up, it is a real thing.
  • jugsy58
    jugsy58 Posts: 24
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I received CCJ in May 7th ( not got letter in front of me ) I rang L'pool County Court and they told me it was registered in the London Office .
    I realise I should have dealt with this sooner but I lost both my parents Jan and May unexpectedly same year and our whole family was thrown into devastating grief which took over everything else and still is now . The reason I was at the NHS site was due to this , I rang them in March and they said I should have given my registration at reception only I didn't know this until after Aug 13th '21 and there was nothing on my appointment letter to say either.
    The doctors drafted me a letter to let parking eye and Elms Legal know this and I sent it to them but not sure  if I was too late , I only received a letter back saying I could have a payment plan or pay in full and the CCJ could be set aside and this is were I'm up to . I have downloaded the N244 form bit don't know which way to proceed.  Thanks for all help 
  • jugsy58
    Forumite
    Just to say , my address was correct with DVLA , I did what everyone else probably did and googled which was very conflicting for advice and obvs now am in a mess , the fine is £277 and if I pay CCJ could stay on as paid but show on my credit for 6yrs still which might affect my credit score , then there's principle as doctors did a letter on my behalf and they dismissed it and all the time I worry what to do the clock is ticking , if I go through N244 what if judge doesn't feel the same way as me and am still left with debt and CCJ plus what it costs to go to the judge with it . I'm dithering and it needs sorting , Am not on benefits but the person who I took to doctors appointment  is ?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 21,927
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    What date was on the order giving you the CCJ?  If you received it on May7th (2022) it might have been a couple of days before that so there is time to pay it before it appears on your credit file.  It is your call but you could apply for set aside using the help available in the NEWBIE sticky or by searching the forum for similar threads/discussions.
    Here is one such: -
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/79117792
    and here it is from the beginning: -
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6348199/help-please-ccj-debt-recovery-from-unknown-parking-fine/p1
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,232
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Can't be ParkingEye? They don't use Elms Legal.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • jugsy58
    Forumite
    Hi, i have been back to the site and it is Eurocarparks but my original letter came from parking eye thats were i viewed the footage, when i went back to the site there is literally nowhere to park other than the permit only car parks , it says if i drive into one i am liable for a fine , which i obviously did but drove out again then parked right outside the actual NHS building because there was nothing else i could do. I went with my son when i got the ticket but on another occasion my husband took my son to exact same place and parked outside the NHS building  but on  the road and never received anything he was there for several  minutes and went into the building just like myself !  I have literally no paperwork as i sent a copy of the letter from the NHS asking them to revoke it to each of the letters i received , that was parking eye (never replied) and elms legal , and why did it take them 97 days to get in touch ?  thankyou for all help i am grateful ,i did speak to Liverpool County Court and they told me CCJ is registered .
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 5 June 2022 at 10:07AM
    Where do Elms Legal come into the picture? Where did you hear or see their name? They only work for Excel and VCS. 

Who did the court say caused the CCJ?
  • jugsy58
    Forumite
    hi, thankyou for all advice and apologies for such a long post i really am new to this .
    My whole nightmare of this is quite sensitive and i am not sure it will be seen as relevant , we lost my parents last year (my dad to covid in Jan) then my mum (broken heart ) in May . It devastated us all and particularly my son who has Aspergers , on the day of his nans funeral he had a psychotic episode and ended up in a psyche hospital for 2 months and this was a really bad time as well as grieving the loss of my parents. My son was allowed to come back home rather than section 3 provided he kept in touch with NHS support at Bairds House Innovation Park Liverpool and on 13th August '21 it was the first time we went and the rest is history.
     All letters we received from Baird House have nothing in writing to say give car registration in at reception and all car parks are permit holder only expect for outside the Baird House there are 6 disabled , 3 are normal. On going to Innovation Park I drove into a car park area and saw there was no pay and display and drove straight back out at that point i was not looking for signage i just wanted to get to the appointment so parked outside the Baird House instead, my son went in and i stayed in car then i went in and he stayed in car and at no time did anyone approach the car also when i went into the building a support worker was waiting to take me to speak to the doctor and she nor reception mentioned about car registration. 
    I did not receive a letter until November end of although it was dated 17th and initially i could not work out what it was for and genuinely thought it was random , bare in mind i am still now a year later grieving such things seemed unimportant compared to the pain of loss and my sons mental health , then Christmas came and went (1st one without them)  it was not until i received a further notice in January '22 that i started to check it out at first i thought it was a scam as i could not think what Innovation park was (as i had never been before) the letter said i was parked in either of 1,2, 3, or 4 car parks which seemed vague and i did what no-one should do i googled about parking eye and mostly people saying don't pay just ignore and given the time before being at Baird House and getting letter in November i suppose my mind wanted to accept to ignore it and to be honest i was dealing with so much stuff regarding my mum and dads deaths that there was little time to focus on other matters plus working full time. So now i know otherwise but can't turn the clock back and sort it out as CCJ has already been registered , I've always had a good credit rating and never a CCJ but here i am .  However will the judge even care about my loss or my state of mind as it won't be relevant to facts in front of him ?  
    Baird House have drafted a letter for me to say we had appointment and my sons a patient which i sent to elms legal they just said sorry for your loss you can have a payment plan if you want and the CCJ may be set aside as Settled but will still show for 6yrs or i could download form N244 . I have read through through the thread you gave me as newbie and it looks scary especially as all there facts are correct and i chose to ignore it all through grief and worry will that even be a thing to the judge or will i be shamed still ? i am not sure emotionally i can do it .  thanks for all advice as a newbie i really appreciate it . 
  • jugsy58
    Forumite
    Where do Elms Legal come into the picture? Where did you hear or see their name? They only work for Excel and VCS. 

Who did the court say caused the CCJ?
    I don't know i will ring Liverpool County Court and get some real facts there were 3 different companies involved Elms Legal were the last to contact me . I have emailed Parking Eye to ask them to send me all documentation once again but not heard nothing that was over a week ago , who are Excel and VCS it might jog my memory. thanks julie
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Excel and VCS are parking firms. They are the only ones that use Elms Legal.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback