Options
13»

Comments

• older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    further update 

My BG electricity account has been closed with a 0 balance but the late payment/arrears marker is still showing on this account this appears on both credit karma and clearscore reports

so my concern that BG thinks that just closing the old account is all they need to do has been correct 

I have emailed Lynsey and given her the BG portion of the credit file that is still showing the negative marker and which 
    needs to be amended. 

the next update won't be until this time next month so they have plenty of time to do whatever needs to be done

i will be requesting a goodwill payment/compensation but will do this once its all been resolved hopefully next month 

i would like to increase my credit limit for one of my credit cards will this payment marker affect that ? if so i won't bother until its resolved.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    further update 

My BG electricity account has been closed with a 0 balance but the late payment/arrears marker is still showing on this account this appears on both credit karma and clearscore reports

so my concern that BG thinks that just closing the old account is all they need to do has been correct 

I have emailed Lynsey and given her the BG portion of the credit file that is still showing the negative marker and which 
    needs to be amended. 

the next update won't be until this time next month so they have plenty of time to do whatever needs to be done

i will be requesting a goodwill payment/compensation but will do this once its all been resolved hopefully next month 

i would like to increase my credit limit for one of my credit cards will this payment marker affect that ? if so i won't bother until its resolved.

If you apply for a limit (rather than one being offered to you) it will normally involve a credit check of some kind but no-one can tell you whether the bank will approve or not
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    further update 

needs to be amended. 

If you apply for a limit (rather than one being offered to you) it will normally involve a credit check of some kind but no-one can tell you whether the bank will approve or not
    i check to see if any credit check is done when requesting a limit increase and the majority of mine don't do one 
    i assume they still have access to any updates on my credit file etc 

i don't particular need the limit increase its just in case i purchase a large item which  may or may not happen in the next few months

they have given me a 24 month balance transfer offer expires september and most of my other
    current offers have 18 months max

thanks for you reply 

• Gasuser61
    Gasuser61 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    I have dual fuel with BG and my electric account migrated properly and I was able to pay the bill correctly 
    With my gas account however when I paid the bill on the app , the amount paid stayed as a credit . I spent two hours on the phone talking to several different people from varying parts of the globe and eventually I managed to get someone to understand that the payment had not been credited to the old account, they assured me that they would sort this out.
    6 weeks later I have a missed payment on my credit report. 
    Phoned BG again and was told that nothing had been implemented, spent another hour trying to sort it and ended up paying manually the outstanding balance on the old account, was told then that a correction would be made , nothing happened so had to create a dispute with the CRA 
    Just had a reply saying I won the appeal and it would be corrected , but still have had no reply from BG ….. 
    As soon as the market settles I’m leaving BG .."
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure