Unfair Dismissal medical reasons

Options

Comments

• danjackson2021
    Options
    Thank you for all the useful posts, and as always with open forums you get the odd unhelpful comments for whatever reasons but that’s life😃
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,749 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Legal firms love these kind of cases especially when there is a lot of evidence 

big firm useually prefer to settle out of court if it would cost more to go to court

when someone has nothing they have nothing to lose😁
    Not quite. See https://www.mfgsolicitors.com/site/blog/mfg-blog/the-real-cost-of-no-win-no-fee for example
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • Own_Worst_Enermy
    Options
    My brother was 10’years ending up spinal on the northern general. He did not have a job to return to.

Do you really think this was a happy time? Do you think he had all rights?! 

Let’s squeeze the answer out of an employment expert at +10 years…
  • Ath_Wat
    Ath_Wat Posts: 1,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My brother was 10’years ending up spinal on the northern general. He did not have a job to return to.

Do you really think this was a happy time? Do you think he had all rights?! 

Let’s squeeze the answer out of an employment expert at +10 years…
    I have no idea what this means, or whether you are addressing it to the OP, the people replying to the OP, or the Man in the Moon.
  • SadieO
    SadieO Posts: 433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 26 May 2022 at 9:33AM
    Options
    I'm not sure that's true. You might have zero money, but if you get into debt you have less than zero! And there's more to lose than just money. Fighting a difficult battle uses up your time, gives you stress etc. You might think they have "nothing to lose" but their quality of life could get a lot worse. 
  • RogerBareford
    RogerBareford Posts: 511 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Legal firms love these kind of cases especially when there is a lot of evidence 

big firm useually prefer to settle out of court if it would cost more to go to court

So just because you feel you have "nothing" doesn't mean you shouldn't do it properly. You have sent a terrible email/letter to your employer which doesn't help you at all especially when you lie about having legal advice and make it clear you havn't by how poorly the letter is written.

You either need to sit down and actually get real legal advice and do this properly or don't do this at all.

You may think you have "notihng to lose" but time is valuable and if you spend months and months on this and don't do it properly your just wasting valuable time you could be using to recover and move on. Plus not to mention getting into debt and all the other negative mental effects of starting a legal battle.
  • danjackson2021
    Options
    SadieO said:
    I'm not sure that's true. You might have zero money, but if you get into debt you have less than zero! And there's more to lose than just money. Fighting a difficult battle uses up your time, gives you stress etc. You might think they have "nothing to lose" but their quality of life could get a lot worse. 
    I think all that is true of the big company they don’t want all that which is why they prefer to settle
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I suspect you would be better served moving on with your life and trying to improve your prospects.
  • NCC1701-A
    NCC1701-A Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you lose £10 you can always earn another £10.

Time is the only resource you can't replace. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback