ROYAL MAIL COMPENSATION LEVELS

Options
13»

Comments

• grandadgolfer
    Options
    Pollycat said:
    OP is correct that the send.royalmail site has changed a fair bit. 

It chops and changes a bit so they might be testing or still rolling it out. 

What is interesting is that for business accounts Royal Mail want you to declare the exact weight (rather than a random one that doesn’t match the parcel but does match the bill) yet they’ve changed the site above into weight bands rather than you entering a specific weight. 
    It might have been helpful if the OP had mentioned what website he/she was using.
    The OP didn't specify. Just 
    Is it just me or have the different levels of compensation disappeared off the RM site.......last week I was able to choose small parcel with free cover for £20 or increase to £50 £100 etc for a small increase but now all services don't show that option

It took until page 2 to get a link.

I use the 'Royal Mail site' to check prices/weights/compensation levels.
    This one:
    Get a price | Royal Mail Group Ltd
    "It might have been helpful if the OP had mentioned what website he/she was using.
    The OP didn't specify. Just"

It took until page 2 to get a link"

I mentioned in my first post....."
    Is it just me or have the different levels of compensation disappeared off the RM site"
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pollycat said:

What is interesting is that for business accounts Royal Mail want you to declare the exact weight (rather than a random one that doesn’t match the parcel but does match the bill) yet they’ve changed the site above into weight bands rather than you entering a specific weight. 
    It might have been helpful if the OP had mentioned what website he/she was using.
    Is it just me or have the different levels of compensation disappeared off the RM site.......last week I was able to choose small parcel with free cover for £20 or increase to £50 £100 etc for a small increase but now all services don't show that option

This one:
    "It might have been helpful if the OP had mentioned what website he/she was using.

" It took until page 2 to get a link"

I mentioned in my first post....."Is it just me or have the different levels of compensation disappeared off the RM site"
    Your link though was to click and drop, not the main RM site . I am guilty of assuming you meant the official RM price guide site (the one you can download as a PDF ) and it didn’t occur to me that you meant C and D. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    soolin said:
    Pollycat said:

This one:

I mentioned in my first post....."Is it just me or have the different levels of compensation disappeared off the RM site"
    Your link though was to click and drop, not the main RM site . I am guilty of assuming you meant the official RM price guide site (the one you can download as a PDF ) and it didn’t occur to me that you meant C and D. 
    Exactly.
    I guess our crystal balls weren't working.
    So I'm guilty too.
    Maybe the OP will post in more detail next time.
    (and not post the thread title in capitals which on most forums is classed as 'shouting').
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Pollycat said:

This one:

The RM site is vast and has lots of different parts though, so none of us knew exactly where you meant (I got it wrong too).  The more specific information we have when people ask a question, the easier it is to give relevant advice :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback