IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help with witness statement against UKCPM/Gladstones please!

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Forumite Posts: 125,708
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    We already said you can use Jopson - I specifically answered that I think? - but the point is, @1505grandad was questioning wording that sounded like you are saying you were a resident.

Or is that "Defendant's residency" and "Defendant's Tenancy Agreement" a quote from Jopson (I haven't checked, it's your statement to perfect).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ANTIUKCPM
    ANTIUKCPM Forumite Posts: 38
    10 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    @Coupon-mad
    Yes you said I could, sorry its been a long day. 

Please can you have a read of my final WS. Hoping to submit it tomorrow once Ive done the index

thankyou very much

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckq26607xuew4n2/Witness Statment-redacted.pdf?dl=0
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Forumite Posts: 21,433
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    3. I was initially shocked to receive formal notices of demand for parking charges, for which I never actually received an initial ticket. Please see Exhibit 1 and Exhibit 2. There is nowhere within the claimant's witness statement to suggest an initial PCN was sent to the defendant or even issued  even . The defendant’s car in question does did not have a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) attached to it. This  applies to both the claims, which have been consolidated into one.

Some suggestions above; you say you were initially shocked but then don't go on to say what your state of emotion was later!  Check the order of words and remove repetition.  Always spell out initials/acronyms the first time they are used.

The Claimant is put to strict proof that, at the time of the parking event, that the signage was evident, correct and clearly visible on this road in question........

Check that you don't repeat words, go through the whole document!

I aver that the signage fails to adhere to the standards laid out by The International Parking Community’s (IPC) Code of Practice.

Also check that your prose flows and that there are not missing words that would help it.

Furthermore, the parking signage has changed significantly since I had received the parking charge notices.

Just a simple past tense works here!

For any contract to exist there would be a need for an offer, acceptance, consideration

Check for silly mistakes that might upset a pedantic judge.  Whilst the sentiment of your WS is saying what you want, it will be easier for anyone reading it if it is not full of "sillies".  Check the whole document.

• ANTIUKCPM
    Forumite
    Thank you for the help. My deadline is today. But my court didnt write anywhere on letters where to send the witness statement. I have emailed it to a generalised enquiries email i have found on their website. 
    I also emailed it to gladstones enquiries email. Should i also email it to UKCPM? 

Now i am worried that I shouldve printed and given it to the courts. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Should i also email it to UKCPM? 
    Nope.

Don't you have the court email that Gladstones copied in when they emailed you their bundle?

Anyway ring the court now and ask whether that email was OK or do they need a hard copy too?  They are friendly and deal with the public all the time. That way you KNOW they've got it.
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    ANTIUKCPM said:
    Hi guys, I am back again and have a court hearing on the 29th June - I was shocked and didn't expect it. I also have one in August

How did the first hearing go?
  • ANTIUKCPM
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad said:
    ANTIUKCPM said:
    Hi guys, I am back again and have a court hearing on the 29th June - I was shocked and didn't expect it. I also have one in August

How did the first hearing go?
    Hey,
    I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that Gladstones had finally consolidated both claims into one date (I had asked for this months and months ago). So the new date in July, I am away. 
    So I emailed the court to get the date changed. 
    They replied back completely incorrectly I believe. They replied as if I had asked to adjourn the hearing. So now I am totally lost as to what to do, as they are so useless. No idea how to get the date changed, not adjourned. 

Please see their reply below. 
    Can anyone shed some light? Does a consent order mean changing the date? 

• Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    That's not incorrect. You did ask to adjourn.  That's what changing the date is, in legalese.

Obviously try the Consent Order as that's free.
  • ANTIUKCPM
    Forumite
    That's not incorrect. You did ask to adjourn.  That's what changing the date is, in legalese.

So I need to email Gladstones asking them to change the date of the hearing first and get their consent. 
  • ANTIUKCPM
    Forumite
    ANTIUKCPM said:

So I need to email Gladstones asking them to change the date of the hearing first and get their consent. 
    And then I need to sent a Consent Order form asking the same?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 340.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 448.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 232K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 603.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.7K Life & Family
  • 245.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback