Non-EU Missed Connecting Flight Complaint/ Compensation?

Hi everyone it's my first time posting and here are the details of my question 

I recently had a flight booked with Qatar from Cape Town to Manchester via Doha. The first leg of the journey (Cape Town to Doha) was delayed approx 2.5 hours on the tarmac due to an electrical fault. This resulted in me missing my onwards connection to Manchester. This resulted in an 18 hour delay from the original time and date I was supposed to land at Manchester. 

While waiting for my new connection the customer service I received was poor and I was originally told to it would be an 8 hour wait for a hotel room to become available (In total I had an 18 hour wait at Doha). Eventually after being passed from pillar to post and speaking to various staff members accommodation was arranged after approx a 4 hour wait. 

As I understand it I'm not entitled to anything under EU regulations, however is anyone aware if Qatar has a compensation scheme or similar available? Or is anyone able to provide advice on how to get a positive outcome after making a complaint to Qatar? 

Thank you very much 

Comments

• Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,277 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Qatar is a five-star airline so you can rely on them to look after you. I am sure that if you write to the CEO's office they will give you some frequent flyer miles or similar.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback