Premier Inn refusing to honour their good nights guarantee

124»

Comments

• RogerBareford
    RogerBareford Posts: 511 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 24 March 2022 at 4:53PM
    Ath_Wat said:

I'm saying that if the problem isn't bad enough that getting dressed and going to reception is more effort then it's not bad enough to warrant a full refund for the night. I'm not "assuming everyone has to be like you, or that being like you is the best way to be" i'm giving my opinion on the subject just like others are on this forum. Not everyone will have the same opinion so i don't see why you have such an issue that i have a different opinion to you?

It's because you state your opinion like it is a fact.    As you can see I keep saying that your chosen course of action is valid for some people but not for others whereas you keep saying your chosen course of action is the one everyone should take.

I hope I've helped you there.  If there are any other points you are still having difficulty with just ask and  I'll try and explain them as well.  

Well you asked me a question earlier in the thread and said "What do you think would constitute a better night's sleep?"

So i answered that and my answer started with "Well personally..."

So it's pretty clear it was my opinion and i don't see how starting a sentence with that could in any way be considered presenting an opinon like it is a fact.

I then replied to another poster (p00hsticks) and you then replied to my comment to them so it's pretty clear you wanted a discussion with me on this dicussion forum and i continued that. I don't understand why you seem to have a problem with me replying to you when you reply to me because that's what a dicussion forum is for. If you don't want to dicuss my opinon further then why do you keep continuing the conversation?

You can't expect everyone to agree in life and there is nothing wrong with us thinking differently on this issue.

^ What Ath_Wat said.

Roger, you are intent on persuading me, the person who complained about noise the next morning, that my actions weren't valid. Why? 

As Ath_Wat said "...your chosen course of action is valid for some people but not for others whereas you keep saying your chosen course of action is the one everyone should take".

I got my refund. I'm happy. You go your way, I will go mine.

I am not intent on persuading you of anything.

If you go back and ready the thread you will see that i asked you a question about why you didn't raise this during the night, you gave your answer and I havn't replied to you since.

I have been replying to questions and comments made by Ath_Wat so i'm not sure why you think i was replying to you when i havn't mentioned your name or quoted you?

• You can't expect everyone to agree in life and there is nothing wrong with us thinking differently on this issue.
    And on this point we wholeheartedly agree!  :p<3
    "The problem with Internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864
  • Ath_Wat
    Ath_Wat Posts: 1,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    RogerBareford said:

So why didn't you raise this during the night when it was happening?

If i was being woken up enough to know a sound was happening "throughout the whole night" then after a couple times i would get up and request a room change then and not put up with not sleeping well all night.

That's your original post.  If you still, honestly, can't see the problem with it, there's no point going on.
  • warby68
    warby68 Posts: 3,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Back to the original post, one noise at 6.15 am would not be enough in my opinion.

OK its early but hardly middle of the night and it was soon over from the description.

I can imagine the good night guarantee gets all kinds of try ons and exaggeration and they therefore keep the bar fairly high. 

Sometimes you get noise in hotels - it happens. Its a place of business and someone has to get it ready again after you've gone to bed and before you choose to get up.

I can't think of a way to escalate something that I would take on the chin

• Ath_Wat said:
    RogerBareford said:

So why didn't you raise this during the night when it was happening?

If i was being woken up enough to know a sound was happening "throughout the whole night" then after a couple times i would get up and request a room change then and not put up with not sleeping well all night.

That's your original post.  If you still, honestly, can't see the problem with it, there's no point going on.

I don't see any problem with my post. I asked them why they didn't raise the issue during the night and then went on to say what i would do.

Again this is a discussion forum so asking questions and posting opinions is what we do here. If everyone had the same opinion and didn't ask any questions then it wouldn't be a very productive forum.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback