Premier Inn refusing to honour their good nights guarantee

Comments

• I've previously used the Good Nights guarantee to claim back one night of a 3-night stay.

In my case there was (later discovered to be) a faulty fan in a non-bedroom room above my head that was kicking in at regular intervals, causing an intermittent clanking noise. This continued throughout the whole night so I asked for a room change the next day and a refund for my previous night's stay. The receptionist I took this up with definitely looked a little awkward and I felt he was resisting my request for a refund, but I did then go through the website and was given then refund.

If I'd been woken up at 6:15 by a one-off noise I'd have let that slide.
    "The problem with Internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864
  • I've previously used the Good Nights guarantee to claim back one night of a 3-night stay.

In my case there was (later discovered to be) a faulty fan in a non-bedroom room above my head that was kicking in at regular intervals, causing an intermittent clanking noise. This continued throughout the whole night so I asked for a room change the next day and a refund for my previous night's stay. The receptionist I took this up with definitely looked a little awkward and I felt he was resisting my request for a refund, but I did then go through the website and was given then refund.

So why didn't you raise this during the night when it was happening?

If i was being woken up enough to know a sound was happening "throughout the whole night" then after a couple times i would get up and request a room change then and not put up with not sleeping well all night.

•  This continued throughout the whole night so I asked for a room change the next day 

If i was being woken up enough to know a sound was happening "throughout the whole night" then after a couple times i would get up and request a room change then and not put up with not sleeping well all night.

Because I'm more stoic than you xx
    "The problem with Internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864
  • brek01
    brek01 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thats standard practice for Premier Inn. I last stayed in one about 15 years ago, bathroom was a disgusting mould fest of a room.

I complained to the management on the day. Then formally requested a full refund. they refused I escalated the complaint and got another refusal. 

So I have not stayed in one since. Honour the pledge or don't offer one.
  • Pondskater
    Pondskater Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    A few years back we stayed at a Premier Inn in Blackpool. The noise from the room above went on all night long, banging, jumping, scraping. Hubby went to reception at two o'clock in the morning. The receptionist gave him keys to another room and registered the complaint. In the morning the supervisor acknowledged the disturbance and happily refunded our nights stay. I think it is important to complain when the disturbance is happening, giving them a chance to sort it out.
  • Ath_Wat said:
    I've previously used the Good Nights guarantee to claim back one night of a 3-night stay.

What do you think would constitute a better night's sleep?

a: being occasionally woken by a clanking noise 
    b: being occasionally woken by a  clanking noise for an hour or two, getting up, going down to reception, demanding a room change, hanging around while they sorted it out, going back upstairs, packing your stuff, finding the new room, settling in, not having a clanking noise any more?

For a lot of people I imagine the answer is a, and that's why they would choose that option.

Well personally if i was in bed and got woken up a couple times i would much rather spend 30 minutes going to reception and switching rooms and then going back to sleep for a solid 6 hours than beng worken up every one or two hours all night. One solid stint of sleep (even 6 hours) is much better than a night of being woken up every couple of hours.

It's also not as difficult as you make out to switch rooms. I've done it before and it doesn't require any "demanding" because they were happy to do it and "hanging around while they sorted it out" consisted of them printing a new key card and telling you where the new room is which takes no longer than a few minutes.

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,772 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary

It's also not as difficult as you make out to switch rooms. I've done it before and it doesn't require any "demanding" because they were happy to do it and "hanging around while they sorted it out" consisted of them printing a new key card and telling you where the new room is which takes no longer than a few minutes.

I guess it depends how much luggage you have - if you've unpacked and hung up all your clothing, put all your toiletries out in the bathroom, got your tea, drink, snacks, reading material, laptop etc  out on the desk, like I tend to do, it;s not something I'd be keen to pack up and move while half asleep and half dressed in the middle of the night....

• It's also not as difficult as you make out to switch rooms. I've done it before and it doesn't require any "demanding" because they were happy to do it and "hanging around while they sorted it out" consisted of them printing a new key card and telling you where the new room is which takes no longer than a few minutes.

I guess it depends how much luggage you have - if you've unpacked and hung up all your clothing, put all your toiletries out in the bathroom, got your tea, drink, snacks, reading material, laptop etc  out on the desk, like I tend to do, it;s not something I'd be keen to pack up and move while half asleep and half dressed in the middle of the night....

Well maybe that's why they continue to offer the good night gurantee because most people actually wouldn't go to reception even if their sleep was being disturbed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback