We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

So close, we can smell mortgage freedom!

1…8586889091…269

Comments

  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Ouch, hope you're not too bruised, madvix. 

    So interesting about the blinds - do you plan to leave them down all day, or do you have a little mechanism to pull them up?  I managed to put a badly fitting blind (made from a single piece of curtain) in the kitchen, which has massive gaps at every side, but still gives some privacy and presumably a little extra warmth.  There are hooks down the side of the window frame, inside, so I've literally tied a piece of string to one of them, and I pull it back and forth as I'd like 🙄 
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 9,805
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thanks Cheery - not too bruised, although my finger is sore where I put my hands out to break my fall....

    The plan is that they will be in addition to the bamboo ones - I envisage we'll just hang them up in the evening at dusk. Not sure yet whether they'll go under or over the bamboo ones (probably over for ease of hanging) - they won't look beautiful, but they'll hopefully keep it warmer, which is the main thing.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

    'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway


  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Irritating re the timesheet. 

    Glad you have some cat sitting to take up the slack.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Felt for the initials!  Very nice, I could do that.  I've wrapped three so far - photos on mine on the Sunday.  In the meantime, have a lovely weekend :) 
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • QueenJess
    QueenJess Posts: 4,980
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Ooh - the present wrapping looks lovely.
    2026 decluttering: 9,403 🤑🥉 ⭐️🥈🥇 ⭐️ ⭐️💎 ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️🏆⭐️👑⭐️🏅⭐️🏅
    2026 use up challenge: 954🥉 ⭐️🥈🥇 ⭐️ ⭐️💎 ⭐️🏆⭐️ 🏅👑 ⭐️
    2026 decluttering goals I Use up Challenge: 🥉52 🥈100 🥇250 💎365 🏆1,000 👑3,000I 🥉25 🥈50 🥇100 💎150 🏆300 👑500
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Looks cool. Very well done.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 9,603
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    That looks great Vix 🙂
    MFW 67 - Finally mortgage free! 💙😁
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 18,860
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Ooh, lovely! I've not thought about tags yet. Last year I relied on all the bags being different and my memory, but this year many of them are the same fabric 😂
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.