We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

So close, we can smell mortgage freedom!

1…8485878990…269

Comments

  • It sounds like you had a great weekend.

    I was pretty excited by your recommendation of Bundobust, as all their locations would be handy, we could all share a vegetarian meal, unfortunately, a third of our group are coeliacs and they didn't have suitable dishes, hey ho we will continue our search.

    Our Christmas presents are a mixture of second hand and new from charity shops, homemade and new.
    Fashion on a ration 2025 0/66 coupons spent
    79.5 coupons rolled over 4/75.5 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

    One
     income, home educating family 
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 9,797 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    That's a pity BB - I'd thought I'd seen quite a few GF options, but I must have been mistaken.

    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

    'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway


  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 6,934 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    themadvix said:
    That's a pity BB - I'd thought I'd seen quite a few GF options, but I must have been mistaken.

    I had a look at their online menu and excluded items containing cereal - not what I was looking for but I couldn't find an option to select GF or wheat/barley/rye & oats free and I didn't end up with much 😢
    Fashion on a ration 2025 0/66 coupons spent
    79.5 coupons rolled over 4/75.5 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

    One
     income, home educating family 
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Sounding good!  I've literally been doing the same for the cloth for present bags - sounds much posher if you call them by the Japanese name, furoshiki 🤣  That's a lovely week you've got planned, enjoy :) 
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Glad things are going well. 

    Good you've had work - and that the Olio collections are helping too.

    I think CS can be a good solution - but again so can FB.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.