We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

So close, we can smell mortgage freedom!

1…6364666869…269

Comments

  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Glad you've had a good service. 

    Good you are getting more work in even if the timing is poor. You say there's no wifi at the caravan - but can you get phone signal?
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Flat feet are eminently fixable - I had flat feet as a titchy one, and couldn't really walk.  Very lucky I was in Liverpool, children's clinics were roaring along - I had personally-built inserts to my shoes, on the NHS, plus 1 to 1 lessons at a clinic to develop the muscles in my feet (picking up a sock between your toes is great fun when you're only two years old 😄 

    I hope you manage to get to London - I've been peeking at the coverage all day, it all looks pretty jolly, almost like a dance sometimes.  But health comes first.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Oh wow!  I'm really glad you're doing it!  Best of luck, it actually sounds like a wonderful experience.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.