Eon!!!

Hi my mother has recently passed away suddenly leaving no will, she had her energy with Eon next. 
I contacted Eon to inform them of her death and forwarded the death certificate we found mum is in £133 credit so asked for a refund here’s where the fun starts. 
1 advisor said you need to be the executor of the will or have a power of attorney. I’ve explained both of these will be impossible to gain as mums no longer with us.
we handed the keys back to the council and posted the last meter readings on the 14 feb. 
So is there any way of getting the £133 returned from Eon or is it lost? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stuart

Comments

• Flugelhorn
    Flugelhorn Posts: 5,553 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Make sure you speak to the bereavement department at Eon - they should understand that you are handling the estate and should sort the refund 
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,091 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Is your mim's bank account still open?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Make sure you speak to the bereavement department at Eon - they should understand that you are handling the estate and should sort the refund 
    Yup I have been speaking the them via email and phone calls, but still hitting a brick wall with them. 
  • Robin9 said:
    Is your mim's bank account still open?
    No we managed to close it when we got the death certificate. 
    A advisor at Eon advised we would be refunded by cheque, rang back after 2 weeks to be told the accounts department had stopped the payment but didn’t tell myself! 
    Truly shocking treatment from them 

• Flugelhorn
    Make sure you speak to the bereavement department at Eon - they should understand that you are handling the estate and should sort the refund 
    Yup I have been speaking the them via email and phone calls, but still hitting a brick wall with them. 
    ugh - that is a pain, just googling a bit and some threads on here it doesn't look as though they have the best reputation. Are you applying for letters of administration or do you not need them for anything else?  you shouldn't really have to get them just for this
  • Other companies and Manchester council have been very understanding and helped us through their processes. But Eon, seems that different advisors work to different rules, with one advisor telling me I’m liable for the energy useage now it’s a housing association flat?
    Didn’t want to go down the letters of administration as Eon are the only company that are being difficult.    
    I going to call them again tomorrow and see what the outcome is from there. 
  • Flugelhorn
    agree most organisations / companies are fine and very helpful - you really shouldn't need LOA just for Eon, quite ridiculous.  Sounds like you need another go - good luck 
  • You might like to post this on the energy board where you will find experts in complaining to incompetent energy companies.
  • You might like to post this on the energy board where you will find experts in complaining to incompetent energy companies.
    Ok thanks, how do I move it to energy broads? 
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    EOn's CEO email address is easily found via Google (other search engines are available).

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback