Cancelled Everything...Help!!

Options
2»

Comments

• microcristallina
    Options
    What brewerdave said. I had to uncancel Plusnet so Shell energy broadband could takeover the line.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've cancelled everything. 
    Will no one take over the line after the 30 days are up when all of my sky package ends?
    I don't think I even want a phone line subscription anymore unless I have to either.
  • microcristallina
    microcristallina Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 February 2022 at 1:54PM
    Options
    I think (from my experience) if you still want broadband you should switch rather than cancel. But cancel the TV. Not sure about the phone line.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 February 2022 at 7:48AM
    Options
    Sky wouldn't just cancel the TV package and let me keep the broadband package. Which is what I wanted.
    They said if I cancel the TV then they cancel the broadband as well which they've done.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 January at 8:41PM
    Options
    Sky wouldn't just cancel the TV package and let me keep the broadband package. Which is what I wanted.
    They said if I cancel the TV then they cancel the broadband as well which they've done.

It’s their loss. Plenty more fish in the sea. If I was living on my own I would not have tv license or broadband or phone line. I would just have a mobile with unlimited data/calls for around £20 a month and stream what I wanted to watch.  I don’t need live tv or the bbc iPlayer. 
    But I have a family so I can’t!
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 January at 8:41PM
    Options
    I've cancelled everything. 
    Will no one take over the line after the 30 days are up when all of my sky package ends?
    I don't think I even want a phone line subscription anymore unless I have to either.
    Is Hyperoptic available in your area? If so then you can get a 50 Mb speed for around £22 per month and it doesn't require a phone line. I'm waiting for it to be available in my area but not holding my breath. Also if the speed isn't necessary then an up to 38 Mb download can be available for under £20 per month.
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi. No unfortunately it's not available in my area. Shame as it looked a good deal.
    Thanks I'll look at the deals as I only need up to 38Mb.
  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What brewerdave said. I had to uncancel Plusnet so Shell energy broadband could takeover the line.
    Yes, people should switch rather than cancel. Unless things have changed, they could be charged extra for starting the service up again, there is also the slight possibility that if the exchange is at capacity that someone else could take their spot.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback