We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

FIRST DIRECT

Options
jagga1739
jagga1739 Posts: 5 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 18 February 2022 at 7:22PM in Credit cards
i recently switched over from TSB to first direct ( switch date was  on 14/02/22) i used my card 3 times since Friday.
yesterday there was a transaction from nandos website on ny account for £23.18 , they also tried another for over £70 but due to insufficient funds it was declined. 
i called first direct and they said they have recently had calls regarding other people in the same position. rhey told me it will get refunded .
its scary that its a brand new card and i have not set it up with anything apart from paypal.

has anybody had the same problem?

Comments

• FreeFallerSaver
    Options
    Why have you titled this post 'First Direct Scam'? What does the 'scam' have to do with First Direct?
  • cx6
    cx6 Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    you need to change the thread title
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    Where did you use your card before the fraudulent transactions ?
    May be relevant ?
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 15,104 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So 3 chances for a fraudster to get you card details. But since when have credit cards been part of switch process?
    Life in the slow lane
  • jagga1739
    Options
    i used it at ubereats,mcdonalds and used it at my local vape shop in which i go to every week.
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    This has nothing to do with Credit Cards as far as I can see... but yes, I have had debit cards which have never been used before used anywhere used fraudulently.

Not First Direct.

Hope this helps.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,944 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Certainly not a First Direct scam.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jagga1739
    Options
    cx6 said:
    you need to change the thread title
    sorry, i do not know how to change the thread title, how do i do that?
  • Reginald74
    Options
    It’ll be the vape shop
  • niwa3836
    Options
    jagga1739 said:
    i recently switched over from TSB to first direct ( switch date was  on 14/02/22) i used my card 3 times since Friday.
    yesterday there was a transaction from nandos website on ny account for £23.18 , they also tried another for over £70 but due to insufficient funds it was declined. 
    i called first direct and they said they have recently had calls regarding other people in the same position. rhey told me it will get refunded .
    its scary that its a brand new card and i have not set it up with anything apart from paypal.

has anybody had the same problem?

Interestingly I've just been contacted by First Direct with the same thing. Is this a First Direct / Nandos issue i wonder. Has anyone else had an issue like like from a different bank?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure