Cheese Bank?

Options
Descrabled
Descrabled Posts: 433 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 15 February 2022 at 11:18AM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Keep hearing an advert on Classic FM for this bank.
Dr Google can't find help; "not even Wensleydale."

Comments

• emmajones1976
    Options
    Erm, its CHASE, not Cheese 🤣🤣
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    You might be a lump of cheddar short of a picnic :)

(Yes it's chase bank - and to me - they're not up to much even though everyone seems to be raving about them)
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,740 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

(Yes it's chase bank - and to me - they're not up to much even though everyone seems to be raving about them)
    Too new, though Direct Debits coming in March.
  • emmajones1976
    Options

Aye the 1% cashback on all transactions for a year is utter rubbish isnt it butty :)
  • cymruchris
    edited 15 February 2022 at 2:11PM
    Options

Aye the 1% cashback on all transactions for a year is utter rubbish isnt it butty :)
    I've got that on one of my cards already - but as a bank - they haven't got their DD's sorted yet - but once they've got those it'll certainly be a more attractive proposition, butty.  :)
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • emmajones1976
    Options
    Out of interest what other card offers 1% back? If its an Amex I cant have one of those anyway.

Merely using Chase as an extra bank on top of my two others, as you cant pay cash in I would have no intention whatsoever moving everything to an app-only bank if they did DDs or not.
  • cymruchris
    edited 15 February 2022 at 2:22PM
    Options
    Out of interest what other card offers 1% back? If its an Amex I cant have one of those anyway.

Merely using Chase as an extra bank on top of my two others, as you cant pay cash in I would have no intention whatsoever moving everything to an app-only bank if they did DDs or not.
    I had a Topman Mastercard that when they went bang, was converted by Newday to a Pulse card (It's not available to apply for) - it has (for now) a limited time 1 percent cashback on every (non-cash) transaction. From memory as an existing cardholder - the cashback is in place for a few months. I do have the Chase account - so when the Pulse cashback expires I might start using it - but would be much happier when they get DD's online, and as you say the ability to pay in cash, although not something you use every day, is still very useful to have. 
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Too new, though Direct Debits coming in March.
    To be pedantic, Chase itself isn't new, it's been a major player in the US for donkey's years.  But it's only very recently that it decided to start operating in the UK.

• Marchitiello
    Options
    As it has been clarified that it was Chase Bank and not Cheese Bank, I would suggest the moderator close this thread and move the discussion to the Main Chase Discussion thread that was opened back in September and is still ongoing. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback