Smarty Mobile - Any Good?

They currently have a deal on, which is 60GB of data for £10...  I pay £10 and get 12GB and although I barely use even half of that, always worth wondering if the grass is greener. 

Comments

• olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    My daughter uses Smarty and has had no issues at all with them.
  • My daughter is on the unlimited everything for £16 per month.

no real issues….signal can be a bit patchy…but otherwise Ok
  • I’ve been with Smarty for a fair while, they’re good value for other family members I’ve put on to them too. 3 network, no signal issues and all their SIMs are 5G ready, if your phone is capable and you’re somewhere with 5G.
    Arch
  • As long as 3 has good coverage in your area, they should be absolutely fine. No contract, good website where you can manage most of the stuff plus good support as well. My wife had to switch over after a few months as network coverage was absolutely awful in our area especially indoors. 
  • Another vote for Smarty here. As it piggy backs off the Three network you simply need to ensure you get good network coverage where phone will mostly used. 

The only possible issue for some people if they have any problems is that support is via chat only or info on the app. Their is no telephone support. 

I've been on the 30 day , 30gb, unlimited text/mins for 12 months with no issues. Currently this deal has been boosted to 60gb for 12 months

They've also just added 5g at no extra cost but of course subject to coverage in your area. 

I would recommend if you are happy with your phone or you have the cash to buy a new phone outright sim free. 
  • GH
    GH Posts: 366 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 April 2022 at 3:36PM
    Avoid these at all costs. In their case Smarty=cheap=rubbish support. Online support only which takes forever and a day to get anything done. Wife's SIM card stopped working after her number had ported so had to resort to online support. They insisted her sim was "incorrect" and gave a SIM card number that should be in the device that they hadn't sent out. Upon making an official complaint the handling of that was online only too and the operator couldn't comprehend that the "incorrect" SIM card issue was their fault , it was ours apparently.
  • FrankRizzo
    FrankRizzo Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I had smarty for a year and it good. Then all of a sudden people calling could not hear me but I could hear them. Tried diff phone and still the same issue. This happened about 6 out of 10 calls, regardless where I was. I switched to TalkMobile and the issue stopped.
  • Spaceace
    Spaceace Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Each to their own, I'm very happy with Smarty.  

There are some occasions when travelling where the Three signal is weak and that lets them down but otherwise I find the service very good.  

On the couple of occasions I've had to contact support it has been good but not lightning fast.  They're a cheap network and I accept that that comes with a low-cost customer service facility.  I'd rather that than pay over the odds for one of the other providers.

They also have wifi calling and, for the moment at least, free European roaming included.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Slightly O/T, but do they do a data sim or just phone?
  • Spaceace
    Spaceace Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    J_B said:
    Slightly O/T, but do they do a data sim or just phone?
    Yes and no.

They have some called data sim plans...but they're the same price and same data allowance as the phone+data plans so, unless I'm missing something, I don't see any benefit to having a data only plan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback