Winter fuel support scheme. £100 payment increased to £200
About the fund
On 16 November 2021 a £51.7million package of funding was announced. The fund is to help low income households meet the pressures on living costs this winter. The aim is to reduce the impact of the cut to Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit and the rising cost of energy.
On the 1st of February 2022 the Minister for Social Justice announced extending the support to households by doubling the Winter Fuel Support Scheme by increasing the £100 payment to £200. This will be available to new applicants and retrospectively paid to those who have applied already.
- All Categories
- 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards