IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking ticket with no photographic evidence.

Options
I have received a parking ticket from a company called Spring Parking. I am preparing the first, and if needed second appeal but just realised that they didn't mention or provides any images of the car being parked. Does that change anything with regards to the appeal?

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Danny30 said:
    I have received a parking ticket from a company called Spring Parking. I am preparing the first, and if needed second appeal but just realised that they didn't mention or provides any images of the car being parked. Does that change anything with regards to the appeal?
    No , most companies use ANPR cameras at the entrance/exit , monitoring time on site , not Parking time
  • Danny30
    Danny30 Posts: 433 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Redx said:
    Danny30 said:
    No , most companies use ANPR cameras at the entrance/exit , monitoring time on site , not Parking time
    This is a side road behind shops with no camera and just a pay and display ticket required. 
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 1 February 2022 at 3:30PM
    Options
    Danny30 said:
    Redx said:
    Danny30 said:
    This is a side road behind shops with no camera and just a pay and display ticket required. 
    Still doesn't change the initial appeal , but may need tweaking of any second stage appeal
    why didn't you give us more details in your opening post above ?
  • Danny30
    Options
    Redx said:
    Danny30 said:
    Redx said:
    Danny30 said:
    Still doesn't change the initial appeal , but may need tweaking of any second stage appeal
    Sorry, forgot to include it in my opening post. What I thought it that without photographic evidence how can they prove that I was parked there without a ticket, or even parked there at all?

I assume that they don't have photos as  I can't see anywhere that mentions it on the ticket, nor is there a camera at the entrance or in the car park.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Danny30 said:
    Redx said:
    Danny30 said:
    Redx said:
    Danny30 said:

I assume that they don't have photos as  I can't see anywhere that mentions it on the ticket, nor is there a camera at the entrance or in the car park.
    I would assume that they do have photographs, and perhaps you could carefully ask for them when you send your appeal. Take care not to identify the driver.
  • Danny30
    Options
    Thanks. Going to use the "template one size fits all appeal that doesn't say who was driving" from the newbies FAQ page as a first appeal. I will add the request for photographic evidence with it. If no luck on that, then for the second appeal the following from the same FAQ page: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v_W_UseWdI_d_9WWMUfVecx0uDUYOwKs/view
  • Danny30
    edited 21 February 2022 at 12:58PM
    Options

I am a bit confused with the letter from the Newbies sticky board below. It looks different to the ones sent out quite a while ago when I last got a ticket. It seems very brief and doesn't ask for a POPLA code?

I dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Since your PCN is a vague template, I require an explanation of the allegation and your evidence. You must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date as well as your images of the vehicle.

If the allegation concerns a PDT machine, the data supplied in response to this appeal must include the record of payments made - showing partial VRNs - and an explanation of the reason for the PCN, because your Notice does not explain it.

If the allegation involves an alleged overstay of minutes, your evidence must include the actual grace period agreed by the landowner.

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    The regulars on this forum will always recommend that you use the blue text appeal with no alterations, deletions or additions basically because it has been written and refined to ensure that motorists do not write anything that could be used against them!  The one you linked must be old as the first point was "no loss" and is an old appeal point that went out with Beavis.
  • Danny30
    edited 21 February 2022 at 12:23PM
    Options
    Le_Kirk said:
    The regulars on this forum will always recommend that you use the blue text appeal with no alterations, deletions or additions basically because it has been written and refined to ensure that motorists do not write anything that could be used against them!  The one you linked must be old as the first point was "no loss" and is an old appeal point that went out with Beavis.
    Thank you. About to send the one pasted above. Can I add the following onto it on the end, or as you said leave it with no alterations?

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either offer me a POPLA code or cancel the charge.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    Options
    Danny30 said:
    Le_Kirk said:
    Thank you. About to send the one pasted above. Can I add the following onto it on the end, or as you said leave it with no alterations?

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either offer me a POPLA code or cancel the charge.
    The first sentence is already included in the template appeal - you've already pasted that into your earlier post. The second sentence is unnecessary, a BPA AOS operator is required to provide a POPLA code on rejection of an initial appeal, no need to remind them. 

But, from previous dealings with Spring, don't they have a second stage appeal as well, which is determined by the council?  You might need to wait for that decision before you receive a POPLA code. For that second stage appeal to the council, just use the same one as for Spring (but omit the bit about a complaint to the client landowner, that is the council). 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure