Options
2»

Comments

• gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    molerat said:
    Does the tracking page not show the delivery map, it usually does.

I haven't seen the delivery map appearing for the past few months and assumed Royal Mail decided to no longer show it on their tracking service.

Do you still see it? I had thought it was a nice addition when it was there..
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning all

I sold some trainers on eBay and buyer paid promptly. Unfortunately the parcel was slightly late in being sent so buyer raised a case (by this time 4 days had passed since I sent the trainers). I checked the tracking and they were delivered and signed for 4 hours before he raised the claim. The name on the signature is his surname but the actual signature is XP1 which is the code Royal Mail use for covid.

I contacted him and gave him the tracking and he claims he has not received them, but said he lives next door to a post office so hoping they are left there. 

Does anyone know where I stand? I contacted eBay who advise I have to wait until 2nd Feb and ask them to step in and they will side with us as the item is clearly delivered.
    Where you stand is that eBay will refund you. They have that 100% money back guarantee and they have advised that you can ask them to step in and you will receive your refund from them. They like to give people like your buyer the opportunity to respond but if that doesn't happen, ebay will step in and take over.  

It's best to always contact eBay and always use their site to send emails to any buyers (or sellers when applicable). Going off grid means that eBay won't act on your behalf. However, you have done all the right things and you're going to get your money back. You don't need to track anything, look at maps or whatever. eBay will take over if nothing happens on or after 2 Feb and you ask them to step in.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 January 2022 at 1:23AM
    Options
    gt94sss2 said:
    molerat said:
    Does the tracking page not show the delivery map, it usually does.

I haven't seen the delivery map appearing for the past few months and assumed Royal Mail decided to no longer show it on their tracking service.

Do you still see it? I had thought it was a nice addition when it was there..
    Had  deliveries over the past few weeks all showing the map.  Just checked a couple of someone else's I had tracking numbers for and they are also mapped.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just checked tracking, no map, just date and time it was signed and a surname of receiver.

Personally I don't think there is a problem, I think he is trying to either get his money back or make me wait for mine, if its the latter I'm not sure why 
  • wizzywig27
    Options
    Update: so after coming back to me on Thursday saying he would look into it Friday, then Friday saying he will look into it Saturday, then Saturday saying he was out all day and will do it Monday, he replies last night saying he was out all day but he definitely did not sign for it (despite his name being the recipient) and the signature was not his. I explained that XP1 is where the delivery driver signs for it on your behalf because of Covid.

He is either annoyed because it didn't turn up when he needed it for (despite it being within timescales) or he is a chancer trying his luck to try and get his money back.
  • wizzywig27
    Options
    Further update, raised it to eBay to investigate/step in and it took them minutes to close the case in my favour releasing the fund.

I messaged the guy and suggested he was lying but hope he finds the trainers.

then, guess what, low and behold he finds them. Apparently someone at a bakery signed for them on his behalf. 

Seriously, what is this world coming to!
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Seriously, what is this world coming to!
    Has never been any different...........
  • TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I wouldn't have messaged the guy suggesting he was lying especially if the case had closed in your favour. Better to leave it and move on.
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • wizzywig27
    Options
    TripleH said:
    I wouldn't have messaged the guy suggesting he was lying especially if the case had closed in your favour. Better to leave it and move on.
    I had nothing to lose, any feedback left would be removed anyway, just wanted to make him aware his behaviour isn't acceptable.
  • Danceswithhorses
    Options
    Congrats OP  :)
    Why do people behave so appallingly ?
    I've never really had a 'bad' sale experience (fortunately), and only had a couple of 'bad' buying experiences, so i should count myself lucky.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback