Amazon and Visa Credit Cards

Not sure if this is a Praise, a Vent, a Warning or merely an observation, but it seems to fit here best. :)

I've just received an email from Amazon saying that them stopping accepting Visa credit cards on 19-Jan-22 is now not going ahead, so customers can continue to use them (for now at least). 🙄

As it happens I changed over last month to my Visa debit card and Amazon gave me £20 account credit. 😀
Jenni x

Comments

• Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,059
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thanks - I'd forgotten about that thread. :) 
    Jenni x
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Looks like Amazon may have changed their mind today .
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 5,924
    Forumite
    More likely Visa reduced the charge to Amazon because they realised they were going to lose a ton load of transactions.
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,225
    Forumite
    I only got £10 off my Christmas shopping 🙁.

I was expecting a late climb down with Visa offering to do a deal for Amazon.  I wonder how long it will be before we see the same thing from other large retailers.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,617
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite

Amazon has dropped plans to block UK Visa credit card payments this week, as the two sides continue to try to resolve a dispute over payment fees.

"The expected  change regarding  the use of  Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk will no longer take place on January 19," Amazon said.

Visa said it was "working closely to reach an agreement".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60022166

• pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,576
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I changed my payment method from Visa credit to my debit card a couple of weeks ago.  Amazon very kindly gave me 2x£20 credits to my account. I’m a long standing Prime customer if that makes a difference.  Thank you very much Mr Bezos!

I will probably change back to my credit card in a few weeks.
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783
    Forumite
    pattycake said:
    I changed my payment method from Visa credit to my debit card a couple of weeks ago.  Amazon very kindly gave me 2x£20 credits to my account. I’m a long standing Prime customer if that makes a difference.  Thank you very much Mr Bezos!

It's not Jeff Bezos now, it's Andy Jassy. Although Jeff is still around he's not the owner or in charge any more.

Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783
    Forumite
    I did read somewhere before Christmas that it may or may not go ahead. 

But I didn't get any discount on anything or any prizes either.

I always try to use my daughter's account though because she's a student and has free Prime right now. 
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,557
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    MalMonroe said:
    pattycake said:

It's not Jeff Bezos now, it's Andy Jassy. Although Jeff is still around he's not the owner or in charge any more.

Jeff is floating around in outer space on the back of all the Amazon Prime accounts.
    😁😁😁😁
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure