£80,000 in 4 years

Comments

• try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    STSS..Thank you ..That is very true ,its all going towards one aim at the end of the day ..I dont work just my husband and he gets paid weekly , i like this as its very motivating paying off the mortgage etc every week and constantly seeing the numbers change quickly ..How have you done this week ?
  • try_harder
    Week 4 and £200 to the mortgage , i think i will pay another £200 in to the mortgage later in the week instead of PB as its very satisfying watching the numbers go down .I am on target to pay £20,000 into the mortgage / PB this year as long as i stay focused .

MC not going so well this week ,so far i only have £7.60 .I need to list a few things today but its very dark out so not sure that will be happening.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Well done on the payment.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £11.9K
    3) CC £3.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • try_harder
    Thank you savingholmes
  • try_harder
    Another £200 in to the mortgage this week so 400 in total ..The MC is going very badly this week ,im not sure what i can do to up it ,have to put my thinking cap on 
  • try_harder
    Week 4 final numbers ..A full £400 mortgage overpayment this week again rather than the 200 split between mort and PB ..MC is going very well overall with some weeks better than others but i have saved £822.60 over the 4 weeks which is absolutely brilliant and averages out at £205.65 per week ,most of which has gone in to our ISAs ,i have bought two funds that are down 34% with the hope that i will gain here at some point in the future..The food budget has not been so good so more care needs to be taken in February ..Now on to week 5 with very little spare money left in the bank due to all this saving and frugality
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Congratulations 🥳
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £11.9K
    3) CC £3.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • try_harder
    Thank you savingholmes ,so far so good
  • try_harder
    Half way through week 5 and £200 mortgage overpayment made and just over £80 saved so far this week ,this was partly made up from a very good income from my ISA in January ..I want to challenge myself to get to the £20 a month income from my ISA .At the minute i seem to have much more in some months and nothing in others but as  i buy new shares i will hopefully cover every month ..Right now to think of some way i can find £20 today to reach the hundred pound mark
  • try_harder
    I sold a bag yesterday and reached my one hundred pounds target !! Now to work towards the next one hundred by friday !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback