£80,000 in 4 years

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,578 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    One thought, are you overpaying as much as you possibly can on the mortgage? If not then it might make more sense to use the ISA or PB money to pay off a chunk - you're likely to be paying far more in interest on the mortgage than you get from the ISA.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thank you jimjames .I understand completely what you are saying but i feel much safer with the money being available if i need it just in case we need a new to us car as ours def needs changing soon or any other expensive emergencies over the next four years .We can overpay by 10% a year so that £200 a week will go there .Thank you for your advice though
  • Nurse2047
    Nurse2047 Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Well done on the first OP this year - i made mine also this week and so good to see the balance come down. Next month will be in the 70,000s not 80,000s :)
    Nurse striving for financial freedom
  • try_harder
    Thank you MFW2026.Mine has dipped down to 79,800 as i paid the interest for the month making it still exactly 80,000 then 200 off that so now 79,800 ..Well done to you too ,one week down ,lets keep up the good work
  • Amixo3032
    Amixo3032 Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Post
    Sell up best thing I did 
  • try_harder
    Amixo 3032 ..That is certainly one of our thoughts too and is a possibility
  • try_harder
    Week one has ended and i am very pleased to say that we have made a £200 OP in to the mortgage £200 in to the PB and i have sold 17 items this week all very small sales but they all added up .I have also saved on my weekly food budget and i had some gift money left over .This has all gone in to My Millionaires Challenge .Oh and i didnt put any diesel in my car this week either as we still had some left due to the hols and not really using it
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well done on the saving and oping!

Where do you sell your items?
  • try_harder
    killerpeaty ..Anywhere that i can sell i will try ,i tend to put them on all the well known selling sites
  • try_harder
    A good start to week two with £200 OP to the mortgage and £200 to PB ..Now to concentrate more on the selling ,i have been a bit lax this week and it shows
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback